"Bamako" Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako by ZeekLTK
Bamako Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 162 photos
During the summer of 2006 I spent 6 weeks in Mali, 5 of which were in the capital, Bamako. We stayed in the dorms of the University of Mali, near Badalabougou.
I ended up joining a local club team to play soccer on. We had practice every night, but only had one match while I was there; a 2-2 draw in the "President Cup" against another neighborhood club, JRQM. They won the penalty shootout 9-8 (after 11 shots each) to eliminate us from the competition.
Unfortunately, Mali is right in the middle of the "Malaria Zone" of Western Africa. Because of this, you should exercise... more travel advice
The BCEAO Tower sits right in the heart of Bamako, along the Niger River, and is really a nice site to behold. It's the... more travel advice
ZeekLTK's Related Pages
Bamako Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bamako - a city in miniature"
- "Mali's Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bamako
- Hotels in Bamako
- Transportation in Bamako
- Nightlife in Bamako
- Restaurants in Bamako
- Shopping in Bamako
- Warnings and Dangers in Bamako
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bamako
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bamako?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bamako
Top 10 Pages
- Helsinki Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lansing Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- San José Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Libreville Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Panamá City Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Mali Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Casablanca Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Concord Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos