"Welcome to Mt Dora" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Dora by Michael_D
Mount Dora Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 179 photos
This is home. I lived off Donnelly St for years and now live exactly 3.2mi away in Eustis. In many respects Mt D is a perfectly preserved 1850s Florida village built to resemble the northern towns where the early settlers came from. It has topped the list of perfect places to retire numerous times. Mount Dora...combined with nearby Tavares & Eustis are known as "The Golden Triangle".
Mt Dora has many parks, a number of upscale restaurants, you can take a carriage ride, shop at antique boutiques along cobblestoned streets or sit in a rocking chair on the porch of the Lakeside Inn as the sun sets over Lake Dora.
I started my acting career at The State St Theater in Eustis but did the bulk of my early work at Mt Doras Icehouse Theater. The arts are alive & well in The Golden Triangle.
My favorite is Gilbert Points-Palm Island Nature preserve for bird-watching...or better yet... gator watching!.
Donnelly House was built in Queen Anne style, with an octagonal turret and wraparound porch that became the Masonic Temple Lodge in 1930.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
Decembers big event is the annual Christmas Walk, without the snow, of course.
I have fond memories of Xmas caroling..door to door with a local Caroling Company for several years.
Nearby is Renninger's Twin Markets, antique center and farmers & flea market has been ranked in the Top 10 Flea Markets by Family Money magazine.
Mount Dora's Bicycle Festival October attracts over 1000 cyclists and is reputed to be Florida's oldest and largest bicycle event.
Mount Dora Arts Festival First is the first weekend in February and is sponsored by The Mount Dora Center for the Arts and considered to be one of the best in the South
Jewels and Junque 4th weekend in March is a long standing popular Mount Dora event sponsored by the Mount Dora Theatre Company.
19mi to the Ocala Forest
55mi to Walt Disney World
57mi to Daytona "The World Most Famous Beach"
75mi to St Augustine
Mt Dora is sitting pretty!
- Pros:alot to do packed in a small area;-)
- Cons: can get crowded during festivals
- In a nutshell:Its home and its charming;-)
A short 1/4mi walk from downtown brings you to a park that is a world away from the mini bustle of Mt Dora, muchless the... more travel advice
This is me..walking away...into the deep dark mysterious jungle of Sunset Island. Through the years I have walked here... more travel advice
Michael_D's Related Pages
Mount Dora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Mt Dora"
- "mount dora florida"
- "Mount Dora, a touch of "Old Florida""
- "Exquisite Mt. Dora"
- "QUAINT NEW ENGLAND STYLE VILLAGE"
- "Charming little town"
- "Small town, horse-country Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Dora
- Hotels in Mount Dora
- Transportation in Mount Dora
- Nightlife in Mount Dora
- Restaurants in Mount Dora
- Shopping in Mount Dora
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Dora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Dora
- 40 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mount Dora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Dora
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Le Grand Meet - any interest?"
- updated a Mount Dora Travel Page "Welcome to Mt Dora"
- Commented on one of Katmosphere's Mount Dora travel pages
- Wrote a Review Palm Island Nature Preserve. in Mount Dora Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Palm Island Nature Preserve."
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 88 reviews, 27 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 53 reviews, 51 photos
- New York City Intro, 48 reviews, 36 photos
- Ithaca Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 39 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Dora Intro, 40 reviews, 36 photos
- Rochester Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 26 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 33 reviews, 20 photos
- Eustis Intro, 31 reviews, 21 photos