"~Welcome to Sunny Florida~My Orange Blossum Empire" Michael_D's Profile

MY MOTTO>When in doubt,,,try KINDNESS;-)

The past 5 years have been a total upgrade. Like night & day! Instead of visiting Daytona I now live here much of the time. Since the Olympics in London I have been to Australia, Thailand and Vietnam while attending VT meets of sorts in all 3 places. Most of us VTers are on Facebook now.
LIFE...is GOOD!

New Years 2014 Dublin & London. Stayed at Clontarf Castle Dublin & The Savoy in London. Visited old actor friends in Hampstead Heath & had another look at The Olympic Park. The fireworks may be the best in the world. The confetti tasted like bananas and some of the explosions smelled like strawberries!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EPCOT FOOD & WINE FEST
Wonderful food..saw MANHATTAN TRANSFER this weekend and AIR SUPPLY last week, while eating at 10 different countries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VT MEET...Orlando...hosted by Ann t-s again! It was a wonderful time at Old Key West at Walt Disney World at "the mansion" Charlie and Ann have there. The group went to NASA Sat & on Sunday we spent a lovely day hotel hopping.(my fav thing BTW), Swan Hotel, Dolphin Hotel... Animal Kingdom Lodge was the highlight of the trip. Food and fellowship were wonderful.
Members
Gen X Voice(Kiki,)
GillyBob from the UK
David GB who has since become a good friend.
SONG from Fla
An Irish gal whose name escapes me
Tomayne from Indiana
Ann and Charlie and their daughter
.....................Couldnt have been better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LAST YEARS BLOG........
Back from the Olympics in London....despite temps in the 60s(Im talkin HIGHS) & a tad bit o rain....it was a fabulous time..from working to seeing various events, to athlete sightings, to (free) food & a (free) dorm at Kings College University of London! It was my 5TH Olympics & was better than Atlanta, Barcelona & Sydney rolled into one. Too many great stories to list here,,if U are on my friends list I sent daily updates from my international Iphone;-) I am all signed up for RIO in 2016

I had a OLYMPIC meetup with old friends from when Lindsey & I lived in the UK...thanks you Maurice, Amy, Royce, Sim, Pam, Rollie, Blanche, Fitz, Avrum, Rosco et al for bringing back all the memories...all the warmth & love...I wish I had 1/100th of that on this side of the pond...if I had any sense I would move back to "the auld sod"...maybe I WILL...if U can do something about the weather LOL

Thus far 2012-13 has conspired to bring back the confidence & verve of Mikey of old...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~THOUGHT FOR THE DAY~
Maybe God wants us to settle for a few distant cold hearted people so that when we meet a good person we will know to be grateful.

~Nothing but the TRUTH~
Love, warmth, compassion & beauty are BASIC NECESSITIES, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive
- Dali Lama

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michaels BLOG

3 days/2 nights in San Juan Puerto Rico for my birthday!

GEORGEFEST Eustis
Fri fireworks
carnival
SAT parade
a tad lame as usual...but good weather + connected w/old friends

dinner @ McK's Daytona, 3 nights @ beach house in Ormond/Daytona A+

104.1 chili cook off SANFORD...

SEPT 16th
2 fun filled days w/Russian friend Peter Moskvitch, laughed & reminisced till midnight>ate too much;-)Been a long time since I laughed so much! He was hauling upscale cars>I got to drive a Ferrari & a Lotus..

Day after LABOR DAY
Daytona Beach
McK's Irish Pub near City Island>best burger EVER!
Ormond Beach, Daytona Pier>Dolphin watching>People watching
Didnt miss a single sunrise>like snowflakes>they are all different!
Seminole Town Center Mall>great food & people watching
Uptown Altamonte>wow! magnificent place+ ate @ 5 Guys

I LOVES MY FLORIDA

I live in the Greater Orlando Florida area Y'all!*
**********************************************************

I grew up amidst bone chilling temperatures & mind numbing blizzards of (Rochester New York)7 month WINTERs. After my studies at Cornell & Rutgers~I raced to the warm embrace of my ORANGE BLOSSOM EMPIRE in Central Florida 24mi N of Orlando.

You will find my Florida pages have very little about theme parks & a lot on the REAL Florida> nature, wildlife & charming INLAND small towns like Mt Dora, Eustis and Tavares.....
(Orlando Florida)
(Mount Dora Florida)
(Eustis Florida)
(Tavares Florida)

Fort Matanzas beach has been my favorite beach since I discovered it in 1982. Its virtually the LAST beach on the east coast of Florida you can drive on and see absolutely NO high-rise condos;-) Ive been going there for over 25 years. I only share its location with "special friends"..

-YES! ...Florida IS wonderfull ...ESPECIALLY when its FEB & 72F!
-YES Southern folks are as friendly & hospitable as they say
The REAL FLORIDA is more than the theme parks(though I am a seasons passholder at Walt Disney World) the REAL FLORIDA is so much more:
~DAYTONA/ORMOND BEACH/PORT ORANGE/PONCE INLET...the best!(1st visit..I was 5yo;-)
~DeLAND..Stetson Univ & a 16 sq mi historical district.
~NEW SMYRNA BEACH where locals go
~St AUGUSTINE.. oldest city in America 5 different national flags have flown over it
~the clear water springs & lofty trees of THE OCALA FOREST
~the Kentucky-like rolling HILLS & horsefarms of OCALA/Marion County
~Mt DORA...a city that was built to look like a New England town
~CROSS CREEK..home of author Marjorie Kinnan Rawlins
~WEKIVA FALLS..YES there are waterfalls in Florida!
~ROCK SPRINGS ..a river current strong enough for tubing comes out of a cave.
~the abrupt hills of CLERMONT(where WORLD CLASS triatheletes train and compete on HILLS) & a place most tourists bypass on their way to Disney World .
(Orlando Florida)
(Mount Dora Florida)
(Eustis Florida)
(Tavares Florida)
(click on any of the above)

Sweet Sixteen

In 10 years on VT ive ranked as high as #6 and as low as present. SEVEN VT format changes have left many pages splattered. Some text isnt perfect now.( I fix em as I go..sorta ;-)

~My 16 Favorite Cities~ (click on links if you like)
1-London
14-Rome
15-Orlando, Florida
16-Ithaca NY/Cornell

LONDON

I have an affinity for all things British. I like nothing more than wandering around London just "drinking in" the history, style and pagentry of Britain. The pubs, the people, the parks, the museums, the cathedrals..I love it all. Imagine...an entire country that is both cultured AND literate! Id live there if the weather was better;-)

I miss you my England...

London(click here)

New York New York

Like I said
I am originally from New York YO!
(Bayside Queens originally, then upstate Rochester NY)
The city so nice they named it TWICE! So much to do..almost overwhelming.
and..its home!

Long Island
-the Hamptons
-Montawk Point

Catskill Mountains
-NYC water supply comes from here
-little bitty but mystical mountains

Finger Lakes
-Skaneatles
-Honeoye
-Conesus
-Hemlock
* Seneca, Cuyuga, Onandaga, Onieda and Mohawk are indian tribes of the FIVE NATIONS that once lived here

Niagara Falls
-HORSESHOE FALLS
-ILLUMINATIONS
-see the sights on BOTH USA and CAN sides but stay overnight on the Canadian side..the USA side is rundown, unsafe and DANGEROUS.

Adirondack Mountains

-Colgate
-SUNY(largest state univ system in USA)Buffalo, Albany, Binghamton, Stony Brook
-Syracuse

GREAT LAKES
Lake Ontario (Rochester, Toronto, Hamilton, Kingston)
Lake Erie(Buffalo, Erie, Cleveland)

St Lawrence Seaway/Gateway to the Atlantic
-Montreal
-1,000 Islands
Lake Chatauqua
Lake Champlain
Cooperstown(Baseball Hall of Fame)
Erie Canal(200 mi waterway and footpath)

I have to say I LOVE my Florida, but NYState has alot to offer in summertime

ITHACA,CARL SAGAN, GORGES, WATERFALLS & WISDOM

PICTURE on the LEFT is on a quaint rural back road near Ithaca in Upstate New York's Finger Lakes ...I once had a cottage on Canandaigua Lake...just over the hill.
***********************************************************
"Dont complain, dont explain..your REAL friends don’t need it & your enemies won’t listen anyway"
~unknown~

"I am a mirror, ill pretty much treat people how they treat me..maybe better"

MSD

Theater

For about 15 years the theater bug hit me. Ive managed to do 31 plays and have played everything from King Arthur to Emile DeBeque and done everything from Phantom to Annie Get Your Gun to 3 Penny Opera. Inbetween I toured with a gospel group through Ukraine, Bosnia, Hungary and Helsinki Finland.

At the bottom of my homepage there is a folder with my Performance Vitae (roles and plays)

• Intro Updated Feb 6, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Michael_D's Profile Photo

Michael_D

“~Welcome to sunny Florida~”

Real Name