"Johannisberg im Rheingau" Johannisberg by Bigs
Johannisberg Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 28 photos
My good friend Belli moved to Johannisberg recently and so it was a must for me to visit this beautiful part of Germany. We were really lucky with the weather, no clouds as far as the eye can see. As it was right in the middle of December not very common!. When angels travel....maybe! Well Belli says, that the weather is always better in that region than in the rest of Germany. Lucky for her!
This is the main attraction in the little town she now calls home, Schloss Johannisberg. It lies in between many wineyards. It?s under private use and not open for visitors. But there is a nice restaurant and you can walk around through the wineyards etc.
Johannisberg lies in the so called "Rheingau". from the hill you get a nice view over the valley and the river Rhine! stroll around the wineyards and enjoy!!!!
Johannisberg lies on the Riesling Route - a tour through one of the finest wine regions of Germany. You have to try at least one sort of white wine here.....or more!
- Pros:Cute little town with scenic views around
- Cons:They speak a strange german accent here....
- In a nutshell:A small jewel of the Rheingau
Around the castle you will find great views over the Rhine Valley. more travel advice
The alley leading to the castle is beautifully lightened. While I have been there, there also was a huge christmas tree... more travel advice
Bigs' Related Pages
Johannisberg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Johannisberg
- Nightlife in Johannisberg
- Restaurants in Johannisberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Johannisberg
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Johannisberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johannisberg
Photos in JohannisbergSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 50 reviews, 297 photos, 19 travelogues
- Canary Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 265 photos, 16 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 20 reviews, 253 photos, 19 travelogues
- Laatzen Intro, 58 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 48 reviews, 149 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 63 reviews, 109 photos, 8 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 18 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 125 photos, 12 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 27 reviews, 115 photos, 12 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues