Switzerland Things to Do Tips by Bigs
Switzerland Things to Do: 733 reviews and 1,040 photos
The Castle of Oberhofen is one of the attractions on the shores of Lake Thun. The botanical garden is so beautiful. Stroll around in the garden for a while.......and smell the Buchsbaum for example,like my sister is doing here on the pic!
Address: Oberhofen/Thuner See
Known as the place for the rich and beautiful, Gstaad is famous all over the world. I don´t like it here really...maybe it´s nicer in the winter. In summer there´s nothing much to do here.....
This waterfall is really astonishing! I have been walking from Adelboden to this place.....it has been an easy way. You can also hike there from the cableway station of the Engstligenalp, it only takes 15 minutes from there.
A mountain trail is leading up to the Engstligenalp from here as well. Or you can take the cableway..
Address: Near Adelboden
These waterfalls are floating trough the rocks with a heavy noise. There are several caves were the visitor is walking through....A wet experience sometimes, but terrific.
Address: At the end of the Lauterbrunnental!
Other Contact: There is also a little restauran
The Rheinfall is an incredible sight you shouldn´t miss while your stay in Switzerland! Tons of water are flowing down the cascades every minute! Take a walk around the fall. On the side of the castle 'Laufen' you can go down the stairs until you think that you are standing right in the fall! Scary feeling to have so much water above you! GREAT!
Directions: Schaffhausen is about 10 km behind the German Border at Singen.
Other Contact: Please try my Schaffhausen Page.
Thun is the biggest city on the shores of the lake! Make sure you visit the beautiful castle and the lovely townhall square!
Take a cruise over the Lake Thun! Sit outside on the deck on a hot sunny day and enjoy the incredible landscape! Snowy mountains and the ice blue lake make it so beautiful!
Address: Thun/Berner Oberland
Other Contact: Have a look at my Thun and Lake
Zurich is a modern city, but it has the charm of a Swiss village! I have been there a few times, cause a friend of mine is working there. It´s a lovely city!
Address: Central Switzerland
Other Contact: Have a look at my Zurich Page fo
A very narrow serpentine street is going up to the Griesalp. Up there lies a beautyful valley, with good hiking facilities! The best way to get there is with the postbus!
Old city on the shores of the 'Vierwaldtstätter See'. Famous for its wooden bridge, that was ruined by a fire a few years ago. Now it´s rebuild and again the tourist attraction Nr. 1
Other Contact: Have a look at my Lucerne Page f
Beautiful city on the banks of the river Aare
Other Contact: Have a look at my Bern page!
More Reviews (12)
- See All Always have a look at the...
- See All Gasthof Kreuz
- Hotel Seeblick
- See All Book Tip: Anderl Heckmayr -...
Bigs' Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!"
- "VT Meeting Party for Janet"
- "First-Bachalpsee- First_Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Makati Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- La Sal Junction Hotels
- Savannah Things to Do
- Seattle Things to Do
- Laoag City Things to Do
- Traverse City Things to Do
- Boracay Island Things to Do
- Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do
- Paris Things to Do
- Killeen Things to Do
- Key West Things to Do
- Sonora Things to Do
- Las Vegas Things to Do
- Medan Things to Do
- Sun City Things to Do
- Strasbourg Things to Do
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 136 Reviews
- 660 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 50 reviews, 297 photos, 19 travelogues
- Canary Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 265 photos, 16 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 20 reviews, 253 photos, 19 travelogues
- Laatzen Intro, 58 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 48 reviews, 149 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 63 reviews, 109 photos, 8 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 18 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 125 photos, 12 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 27 reviews, 115 photos, 12 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (45)
Top Switzerland hotels
- Geneva Hotels
- 1018 Reviews - 2233 Photos
- Lucerne Hotels
- 958 Reviews - 2752 Photos
- Zürich Hotels
- 1903 Reviews - 5717 Photos
- Interlaken Hotels
- 506 Reviews - 1355 Photos
- Zermatt Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1494 Photos
- Cointrin Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Lauterbrunnen Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 779 Photos
- Lugano Hotels
- 390 Reviews - 1039 Photos
- Beatenberg Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Wengen Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 173 Photos
- Lausanne Hotels
- 363 Reviews - 944 Photos
- Engelberg Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Bern Hotels
- 597 Reviews - 1833 Photos
- Basel Hotels
- 511 Reviews - 1422 Photos
- Grindelwald Hotels
- 190 Reviews - 607 Photos