Artá Things to Do Tips by Bigs
Artá Things to Do: 7 reviews and 15 photos
The road to the ermitage was really narrow
Fortunately it's a bit off the beaten path to go there. The road to get there is very narrow and there are not so many places where two cars can pass each other easily, and you should be a bit used to drive serpentines too. Once on top of the pass you will get a nice view over the bay of Alcudia, but don't expect a parking there.....When we have been there there was a photo session and the few places to park your car where filled, so I just shot a few pics and we left again.........
Ah..not to forget...at the end of this road you will find a little ermitage. To get more views over the bay of Alcudia you have to walk for a while.....we didn't make it cause my boyfriend was too stressed by getting here, that he wanted to leave this road as soon as possible.............. :)))
Directions: Follow the narrow road behind the fortress.....but bring a slim car or better a motorbike.........
Blue sky over Arta
This church is surrounded by the fortress walls...
For those of you that are interested in churches while travelling. This church lies on the stairway that is leading up to the fortress. It's still higher that the rest of the town as you can see on this pic.
The fortress walls
This fortress is the eyecatcher of Arta. You should make your way up there to enjoy the view over the town and the nearby coast. For those of you who are lazy you can drive all way up and park your car in front of the fort. Otherwise you can take the steep but shady stairway leading up..........
Directions: It's right in the middle of Arta, you really can't miss it!
The living room???
The tourist guide says that these old stones are the best kept remaining of one of the first settlements on the island. A little way is showing you around and you get some information at the entrance. Scientists think that this Talayot culture dates back to the 12th century B.C.
Directions: From the road to Capdepera turn right over the old railway line.........there are signs everywhere, so it's easy to find.
More Reviews (3)
Bigs' Related Pages
Artá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arty Arta"
- "Arta, natural park and beatiful lonely beaches"
- "Old stones and newer ones around Arta"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Stamford Bridge Hotels
- El Matador State Beach Hotels
- Cordelia Junction Hotels
- New York State Hotels
- Mackinac Island
Badges & Stats in Artá
- 8 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Artá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Artá
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 50 reviews, 297 photos, 19 travelogues
- Canary Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 265 photos, 16 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 20 reviews, 253 photos, 19 travelogues
- Laatzen Intro, 58 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 48 reviews, 149 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 63 reviews, 109 photos, 8 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 18 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 125 photos, 12 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 27 reviews, 115 photos, 12 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues