"Old stones and newer ones around Arta" Artá by Bigs
Artá Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 82 photos
The earliest inhabitants of Mallorca lived here. You can visit this old surroundings of a Talayot village and get an impression of life in those days.
You can see this fortress from far away. It saved Arta from many pirate attacks. From the walls you get a nice overview on the surroundings. Pirates were spotted early, as you can see the bay of Cala Rajada from here too.
Under the fortress you will find this nice church which is still overlooking the town. There is a nice stairway leading there.
Also worth the adventurous drive is the view over the Bay of Alcudia from the Ermita de Betlem!
- Pros:The view from the fortress is really nice
- Cons:It's quite steep everywhere
- In a nutshell:A lively town you should have seen
As I said before, you can drive right up to the parking underneath the fortress............ more travel advice
Bigs' Related Pages
Artá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arty Arta"
- "Arta, natural park and beatiful lonely beaches"
- "Old stones and newer ones around Arta"
- See All...
Explore the World
- San José del Cabo Hotels
- South Haven
- Panamá City Hotels
- North Conway
- Saint Thomas
- Ciudad del Carmen
- Motul de Felipe Carrillo Puerto Hotels
- Rathfarnham Hotels
- Central Valley
- Cabilao Island Hotels
- Sturgeon Bay Hotels
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Badges & Stats in Artá
- 8 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Artá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Artá
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 50 reviews, 297 photos, 19 travelogues
- Canary Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 265 photos, 16 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 20 reviews, 253 photos, 19 travelogues
- Laatzen Intro, 58 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 48 reviews, 149 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 63 reviews, 109 photos, 8 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 18 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 125 photos, 12 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 27 reviews, 115 photos, 12 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues