"Travel like in 1927" Sóller by Bigs
Sóller Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 154 photos
You want to travel in an old wooden train? Feel the flair of the 1920s? You should take the (slow) Ferrocarril from Palma to Soller if you can answer these questions with YES! It's quite a tourist trip but worth it....
I have been there in high season, in August and still got a window seat :)
If you take the panoramic train it will stop at this "Mirador" and you can get nice shots over Soller and from all the tourists that sit in this or stand on the platforms between the train, which is possible! Kind of wild wild west here!!!
In the back of this pic you can see Mallorcas highest mountain, the Puig Major which is 1443m high.
Another historical train is bringing you to the nearby port of Soller. This tram is as old as the other train and it' s rumbling right along the beach at the end...funny! It' s probably the most scenic tram way in Europe I would say! If you take an early train bring your towel and you swimming suit!!!
- Pros:Feel the flair of traveling in the early 20th century
- Cons:Too many tourists in August!
- In a nutshell:A trip back in time somehow
Another great way to explore Mallorca is by boat I think. So why not bring your yacht....and take me with you!!!!!! more travel advice
This historical train is a must for all train lovers and for all others who wants to step back in time for an... more travel advice
Bigs' Related Pages
Sóller Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caught among mountains, a wonderfull town"
- "Dreamlike harbour"
- "valle de oro"
- "Travel like in 1927"
- "Puerto de Soller"
- "Glourious scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sóller
- Hotels in Sóller
- Transportation in Sóller
- Restaurants in Sóller
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sóller
- 11 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Sóller?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sóller
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 50 reviews, 297 photos, 19 travelogues
- Canary Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 265 photos, 16 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 20 reviews, 253 photos, 19 travelogues
- Laatzen Intro, 58 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 48 reviews, 149 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 63 reviews, 109 photos, 8 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 18 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 125 photos, 12 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 27 reviews, 115 photos, 12 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues