"Welcome to Hannover" Bigs's Profile

My life

Hi and welcome to my world. I'm glad to meet you here.

My life so far:
I was born in 1971, at 3 am on the 16th of May to be exactly. My sister Sabsi was born one year later and together we had a happy childhood.

With 6 I went to school and I think I liked it. Stayed in school for the next 13 years when I made my A levels. I was quite lazy and didn't do so much for school, but I liked all the after school activities that were free for us. So I joined the school choir and the arts working group and last but not least the rowing club, which I'm still a member off.

After school I decided to become a kindergarten teacher. Learned again for another four years before I started my first job. That was in 1994 and since than I'm in the same kindergarten. Nowadays I look after our school kids in the afternoon and after the younger ones in the mornings. So again it's doing homework for me...well a bit!

I'm quite happy with my life
Maybe we'll meet somewhere

My travels

I love travelling and whenever I can afford it and have the time I try to head away from Hannover. Most of the destinations so far have been in Europe, mainly because it has such a big variety between the countries and because I don't earn enough to go on big trips so often.

One of my all time favourites has been Zimbabwe in 1995. I visited some rowing friends of myself there and had a wonderful time in Africa! We visited nearly all highlights in this beautiful country. I'm really thankful for that.

Other great trips have been: New York, Tuscany, Finland, Mallorca, Canary Islands and Prague...well could go on for ages here as all trips have something special.

MY TRIPS:

2005:

LIVERPOOL/LAKE DISTRICT/MANCHESTER/BLACKPOOL/
WEST KIRBY (26.12.04-2.1.05)
ZÜRICH/SWITZERLAND 3.-9.8.05
RHINE VALLEY (10.-12.1205)
HAMBURG 29.12.05

2006:

DÜSSELDORF 3.-5.3.06 (incl. COLOGNE VT MEETING 4.3.06)
LONDON 23.3.-27.3.06
LUCERNE/ SWITZERLAND 7.-9.7.06
GRINDELWALD JULY 06
JOHANNISBERG/RHEINGAU AUG 06

2007:

ALTENBERG JAN 07
LONDON (Rowing at the Head of the River Race 15. - 19.3.07) Yeehah!
RHEINSBERG 24.5.-28.5.07

???

2011:
NORWAY FROM NORTH TO SOUTH

My favourites

In my leasure time I like to go rowing on the river Ihme. I´m a member of the DRC ( Deutscher Ruderclub) since 1992 already.... and started rowing at the age of 13...so I´m rowing for 25 years now...hell quite a long time! And still addicted to it most of the time!

When the weather is nice I also like to go running around our "Maschsee".
I love my Kodak 6490 Digi Cam and taking pictures with it as often as I can. I also like the outdoors and hiking.

Last but not least I like building pages here on VT but don't find so much time for it these days.

My heros

I can't live without music. I mostly like indie stuff and many British bands. When it comes to music my all time favourite is Sting I think. .....the new ones and the old Police classics as Syncronicity II, one of my favourites. Not to forget that he is still very good looking :)

On air these days:

Hannover 21.11.06 Mando Diao
Hannover 19.12.06 Placebo

Concerts 2007:
Bremen 7.7.07 Fest Van Cleef
(Kettcar, Hansen Band, Maritime, Kante, Kilians) (Ein herrlicher Tag!)
Wolfsburg 20.7.07 Kettcar
Munich 4.10.07 Crowded House
Düsseldorf 13.10.07 The Police (08.06.08)
Hamburg 17.10. Maximo Park

Concerts 2008:
Kopenhagen 16.2.08 Teitur (VEGA)
Berlin 22.2.08 Olli Schulz (Roter Salon)
Hamburg 16.3.08 The Editors (Grosse Freiheit)
Bielefeld 31.3.08 Teitur again!!!! (JZ Kamp)
Braunschweig 04.05.08 Kettcar (Jolly Joker)
Düsseldorf 08.06.08 The Police (LTU Arena)
Bremen 17.10.08 Teitur (Lagerhaus)
Hannover 5.11.08 Tomte (Capitol)
Hannover 7.12.08 Kettcar (Capitol)
Hannover 17.12.08 Olli Schulz (Musikzentrum)

Concerts 2009:
Hannover 21.10.09 Mando Diao (AWD Hall)

My family

Here you can see Sabsi and myself with my parents in Hildesheim at the balcony of my aunties flat. My mum and dad and my wonderful grandma, who passed away at easter in 2006. Will always have her on my mind.

My home

I´m living in Hannover and really like this city. It´s not as big as Hamburg, Berlin or Munich, and I think I like that. It´s a green city, with a huge lake and nice places to spend your time. especially in summer there are tons of beergardens and lakes to hang around....The pic above shows our new town hall, and I took the pic from my balcony. I have a scenic view over the whole city from my flat under the roof.....so I can stay at home and relax. It´s like holiday!

Hotel Bigsi is always open for VT friends, so come over to have a good time!!!

My sister Sabsi

My sister and I we have many many many VT pages over our trips, some of them together some of them not.

My future

Well who knows whats gonna be? I hope to see as much of the world as I could in the upcoming years and if our lines ever cross I would be glad to have a beer with you VTers anywhere in the world! :)

• Intro Updated Feb 14, 2010

• rebibi's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Hallo Bigs, Danke für die Glückwünsche. Ich hoffe, dass es dir gut geht und bei dir alles ok ist. Ja, wir haben wirklich schon sehr lange nichts mehr von einander gehört. Liebe Grüsse Elisabeth

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM

happy birthday

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Happy Birthday. PJ

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Happy Birthday from the whole VT Team!!

Cheers!
    Blake

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, cheers from down under.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Happy Birthday wishes from Holland. PJ

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hey Bigs, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• jacbenimble's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

It was so much fun reading your interesting posts and looking at your pictures! I plan to visit Hannover for the 1st time in September...I can't wait! Jacqueline / jac.benimble@yahoo.com

• australia2's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2011 at 5:30 AM

Greetings for a Happy Birthday from DownUnder, 'Bigs'(?). I hope it was a beaut day. A coincidence. I'm just researching Ahlden Castle/House. OK to email you for any info? You are quite a photographer! Ist gute. Laurie.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Bigs's Profile Photo

Bigs

“"...Ceart gu leor tha an tacras orm"”

Real Name