"Litostrov" Litostrov by eledhwen
Litostrov Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
The first mention about the village could be found in papers from the year 1376, when Petr Hecht from Rosice bought from Pesek from Ochoz the forest Lhotka, grounds and meadows, stretched to the border of Zbraslav and Litostrov. The village has had a remarkable many different names througout the history - except of Litostrov it has been Litostroj, Lytostroy, Leutostrovo, Litostroyov or Luthostroy.
Today the village creates an oblong irregular village green with a chapel of St. Florian from the year 1853. On the upper end of the village green you can find a baroque cross from the the year 1781 and on the lower end there is a wayside cross. Behind the village by the gamekeeper's lodge there is standing a next baroque cross from the year 1769.
Initialy there were two other villages nearby Litostrov - Chroustov, which has been mentioned to be desolate already by the year 1691, and Lhotky. The second village has been allocated in Marianske valley, where next to two ponds were two mills standing. On a wooded point between Chroustovske and Marianske valley are remains of medieval fort ruins preserved.
- Pros:Beautiful small village in between woods.
- Cons:Nothing special to do.
- In a nutshell:Peaceful place!
eledhwen's Related Pages
Litostrov Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Litostrov
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Litostrov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Litostrov
Photos in LitostrovSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Brno Intro, 15 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boskovice Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stirling 1 review, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kornati Islands National Park Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isle of Arran 1 review, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlicky Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos