"My student years at a spa town..." Luhacovice by eledhwen
Luhacovice Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos
I have spent 4 years of my secondary (high) school study here at Luhacovice. It was a great time, because I studied what I really liked to study ... literature and book-selling. There is always a lot of fun if you are doing something you like to do.
On the picture next to the text are my best friends from the school time ... Jirina, again Jirina, Irena and Radka. Look at those haircuts and clothes ... what a fashion :-)))))
The first and fourth (last) year we were all living in the school residence, which was formerly a nunnery. Well, they made some reconstruction, so there were no cells etc. (LOL). But still I think it was little bit improper place to live for young people and for students. There were just few rooms for 2 or 3 people, the rest of us was living in huge rooms for 10 or 12 people, huh. It was really difficult to learn something else than all the rest of the room-mates.... just imagine learning geography if the person to the left is learning literature and the one to the right is learning history, huh.
But anyway it was great for having parties (of course secret ones ;-])...
The building is not any more a school residence, there has been built a brand new one, but I was spending my student life in this old one.
On the next picture you can see the school building. It has been improved a lot since the years I was there. Few years ago I have been visiting the town again and the school looked brand new ... it has got a new facade and some extensions were also made ... really nice house now.
Well, on the pic there is still the old building.
- Pros:Beautiful town, wonderful time ....
- Cons:As it is a spa town, our student life was always a bit limited, for we were not allowed to disturb bathers.
- In a nutshell:Wonderful architecture, great place to relax...
If you prefer travelling by train, then go from Brno to Ujezdec u Luhacovic and there change for a train going to... more travel advice
Written Dec 10, 2004
Looking around the town
Written Dec 10, 2004
After five years...
eledhwen's Related Pages
Luhacovice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL LUHACOVICE"
- "My student years at a spa town..."
- "Grat Spa Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luhacovice
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Luhacovice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luhacovice
Top 10 Pages
- Brno Intro, 15 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boskovice Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stirling 1 review, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kornati Islands National Park Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isle of Arran 1 review, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlicky Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos