"Zadar" Zadar by eledhwen
Zadar Travel Guide: 372 reviews and 1,194 photos
Me and my friend Radek arrived at front of Pavel's house - first. Nobody else there, after 15 minutes arrived Blanka and finaly the rest of our group - Michal, Martin, Jitka, Standa and Helena. We packed Martin's microbus and Standa's little silver Skoda with all the things needed - food, drinks, personal belongings, guitars etc. And at 19:40 we went on, first stop was in the centre of Brno, where we picked up our last companion - Zdenek. Last stop at a petrol station and then South to Austria. The way through the night was comfortable, because it was not so hot as through the day. We passed through all the customs (Czech, Austrian, Slovenian and finaly Croatian) almost unnoticed.
We arrived at Zadar-Tankerkomerc marina at 10:00 in the morning. The two groups, which were there already a week, were docked with the ships at the pier. So we changed. They went back home and we started to fill the tanks with water, check the tank with the fuel and boarded off course. The two ships were of the type Bavaria 37 and their names were Katina and Revera. Revera's kaptain was Pavel and the crew was his wife Radka, Michal, Standa, Helena, Blanka, Martin and Jitka. Katina's kaptain was Vita and the crew Pepa, Zdenek, me and Radek. As we were less, we have got mor space but we could not take the spinnacker (sail), beacuse it is necessary to have at least 5 people to manipulate it and that was all we have got together with the captain.
Katina left the marina in Zadar quite soon. We were sailing slowly and waiting for the other group but soon the walkie-talkie told us with Pavel's voice that they do have problems with the fuel, water got in their fuel tank, nobody knows how... is it leaking or somebody's mistake by refueling...? Till today we do not know, but they had to empty the fuel tank and refuel again, expensive... So we met more later this day...
- Pros:Wonderful old town...modern suburbs...
- Cons:We have got too little time to explore it...
- In a nutshell:The birthplace of the Maraschino liquor
eledhwen's Related Pages
Zadar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "stones well beaten and sounds of the sea"
- "City with a Soul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zadar
- Hotels in Zadar
- Transportation in Zadar
- Nightlife in Zadar
- Restaurants in Zadar
- Shopping in Zadar
- Warnings and Dangers in Zadar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zadar
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Zadar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zadar
Top 10 Pages
- Brno Intro, 15 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boskovice Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stirling 1 review, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kornati Islands National Park Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isle of Arran 1 review, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlicky Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos