Ireland Favorite Tips by sabsi
Ireland Favorites: 350 reviews and 269 photos
Fondest memory: Sharing a biscuit with this little cute <b>puffin</b> on Skellig Michael... See the travelogue on my Co. Kerry page!
Reflections in the Liffey
Fondest memory: Walking along the <b>Dublin quays</b> one Sunday morning in winter... with gorgeous light and the houses reflecting in the water of the Liffey... hmm beautiful!
Irish busdrivers showing us the way to go!
Favorite thing: ...talk to the <b>Irish people</b>. They are the funniest and friendliest people in whole Europe (if not the world!?) I think!
Fondest memory: My boyfriend and I were driving along a main street somewhere in <b>Connemara</b>. There were kids everywhere who were sent to the Gaeltacht regions for the summer to learn Irish. Colm told me about his two summers somewhere in Co. Galway. After a while he said 'My school looked like this school --- wait --- this WAS my school'. And he showed me where he lived then and his favourite little cove close to where his guest family lived. I'm sure no tourist has been here before me!
Favorite thing: ...<b>Get drunk</b> at least once ;-). Ireland is about the only place where it's fun to get completely drunk ;-) And the Guinness is very very tasty!
...<b>Go to the west coast</b>. You will find exciting coastlines, friendly people, deserted landscapes and lots to see and do!
... take a boat and go to <b>Skellig Michael</b>, an experience you'll never forget! (See my Killarney Page)
...Spend a few days in <b>Dublin</b>. I just can't get enough of that place! (see Dublin page)
...Go to <b>Cobh</b>, the most colourful town I know (see Cork page)
...walk along the <b>beach</b> somewhere!
...Go <b>hiking</b> in the hills of Connemara or Co. Mayo
...Meet <b>Locals</b>. Talk a lot. They do, too ;)
...hmmm there's so much more you have to do! I could talk for hours here...
Fondest memory: I have <b>so many fondest memories</b> of Ireland that I can't tell which was the best one:
... the morning when I arrived there for the first time back in 1990. A busdriver asked where we wanted to go and gave us a lift there, even though it wasn't the route of the bus. That's Ireland I think!!!
... the day someone stole my friend's backpack in 1990 and we got to know Irish hospitality... unfortunately we had to go home though :(
... being asked by almost everyone in the pub in 1990 how we feel as World Champions. We always replied 'We didn't play'.
... a wonderful 2 week holiday at the west coast when my boyfriend showed me more of his homecountry! Read our itinerary in my travelogue!
... all the chaos we experienced on our first interrailing trip through Ireland when we were 18 HAHA
... a picnic with a puffin on Skellig Michael, Co. Kerry
... wonderful friends I found
... a high class football match in Dublin :)
... romantic scenery in the west :)
... soooo many funny nights in the pubs...and too many headaches the mornings after...
Ticket to the free concert
Fondest memory: <b>DUBLIN:</b>
Celebrating the <b>'millennium'</b> 1999/2000 at an Open Air concert at Merrion Square, Dublin. It was the best New Years Eve ever for me!!
More Reviews (52)
- See All Strange speed limits
- See All Walk along the coast road from Dalkey to...
- Shopping Paradise
- See All Go to a football match
- See All Cliffs of Moher in Foot and Mouth Days
- See All Soft Drinks
sabsi's Related Pages
Ireland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- "Ireland - I wouldn't start from here"
- "Leprechauns Make Me Do It!!!"
- "IRELAND - The Adventure"
- "My Ireland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ireland
- Hotels in Ireland
- Transportation in Ireland
- Nightlife in Ireland
- Restaurants in Ireland
- Shopping in Ireland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ireland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Chelsea Heights Hotels
- Waltonia Hotels
- Tirrenia Hotels
- Leucate-Plage Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ireland
- 315 Reviews
- 807 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ireland
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (124)
Top Ireland hotels
- Dublin Hotels
- 5143 Reviews - 9451 Photos
- Killarney Hotels
- 275 Reviews - 600 Photos
- Sligo Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 247 Photos
- Kilkenny Hotels
- 301 Reviews - 641 Photos
- Cork Hotels
- 621 Reviews - 1588 Photos
- Galway Hotels
- 509 Reviews - 929 Photos
- Waterford Hotels
- 169 Reviews - 420 Photos
- Limerick Hotels
- 268 Reviews - 294 Photos
- Westport Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Wexford Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 210 Photos
- Gorey Hotels
- 7 Hotels
- Wicklow Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 234 Photos
- Tralee Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Kinsale Hotels
- 184 Reviews - 380 Photos
- Cliffs of Moher- 88 Reviews, 129 Photos
- Ring of Kerry- 25 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Blarney Castle- 33 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Clonmacnoise- 22 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Aran Islands- 25 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Dublin- 67 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Galway- 21 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Connemara- 20 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Dingle- 36 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Glendalough- 26 Reviews, 39 Photos
See All Ireland Things to Do