"Laboe near Kiel" Laboe by sabsi
Laboe Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
Before taking a ferry to Sweden from Kiel we went to Laboe, a seaside town close to Kiel, for a few hours and I thought I could share some of my pics from there.
The most interesting part of Laboe is a WWII U-Boot that you can visit. It's shocking to see on how little space the soldiers had to live - I'd have been claustrophobic big time - even when the submarine wasn't diving. And sleeping on torpedos? Hmmm sounds horrible!
As well as the submarine there is also a nice beach at Laboe. You can go up to the monument in the picture to get a nice view of the "Kieler Förde" and the ships leaving Kiel for Norway or Sweden.
- Pros:Interesting visit to the submarine
- Cons:The inside of the memorial is awful.
- In a nutshell:A nice place to spend a few hours when in the north of Germany.
An original German U-Boot from WWII. You can go inside to see, smell and experience how terrible it must have been... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Laboe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Laboe near Kiel"
- "Bonio's Laboe Page"
- "Laboe - More than a Naval Memorial"
- "Beaches and a calm sea wind ..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laboe
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Laboe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laboe
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 66 reviews, 220 photos
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues