Schloss Neuschwanstein Transportation Tips by sabsi Top 5 Page for this destination
Schloss Neuschwanstein Transportation: 27 reviews and 41 photos
OK I admit it, we came by horse and carriage ;)
There are a few option how to get up to the castle from Hohenschwangau:
You can walk. There's a walking path which is not too steep and one which is quite steep but shorter. Officially you need 30 mts for this trip up to the castle, from there you can go up the steep path to Marienbrücke in something like 20 mts (photo stops not included ;).
You can take the bus If you want to avoid steep walking paths take the bus. It brings you to a lookoutplace in the forest called "Jugend", which is near Marienbrücke. Like this you avoid the steep path between the castle and the bridge but to get to the castle you have to walk it down. Busses start from Schlosshotel Lisl in Hohenschwangau. Costs are as follows: Up 1,80 € - Down 1 € - Up and Down 2,60 €.
You can take the horse and carriage
Carriages wait for you outside Hotel Müller in Hohenschwangau. The cost 5 Euro per Person and bring you to the "carpark" right underneath the castle. From here it's only a 5 minute walk to the entrance of the castle. If you want to go to Marienbrücke, however, you have to climb quite a steep path the get there. But it's worth it ;-)
Please keep in mind that you have to have a ticket for a tour of the castle before you go up the hill - however you do this.
More Reviews (10)
sabsi's Related Pages
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most beautiful place on the Earth!"
- "The masterpiece of a mystic man"
- "The fairy Tale castles"
- "The dream castle of King Ludwig"
- "Once upon a time.... Neuschwanstein Castle"
- "Ludvig II of Bavaria - the "mad" king of swans"
- "Welcome to magic world of Ludwig II"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Hotels in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Transportation in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Nightlife in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Restaurants in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Shopping in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- 11 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloss Neuschwanstein
Photos in Schloss NeuschwansteinSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues