"Oberstdorf - surrounded by mountains you can't see" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf by sabsi

Oberstdorf Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 238 photos

I was in Oberstdorf on a very rainy day in August 2005 which was a shame really. When we were driving into direction Oberstdorf two days later I saw all the great mountains behind it. This place must be nice when it's sunny!

It wasn't really when we were here so we just had a quick look at the skijumping hills and a little walk around town.

However, there was hope! We drove to the skiflying hill a bit outside of Oberstdorf and the rain stopped. Clouds cleared a bit while we were on top of the fantastic hill and I really enjoyed it - The first skiflying hill in my collection!

So after all - this was just another skijumping day ;-)

• Pros:Great mountains around town. Great skijumping.
  • Cons:Not really a beautiful town center
  • In a nutshell:No place can impress when it's raining heavily.
  • Last visit to Oberstdorf: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2005

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Yes, they're something you'll never catch me jumping off! Thanks for sharing.

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 11:53 PM

umm sorry about that question ,but where is obertdorf? By Garmish? there should be a Obertsdorf - Meran hiking week in summer 2006 and I was trying 2 evaluate the distance

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2005 at 2:47 AM

"nothing to do but eat and drink (beer)"?? You're in Bavaria, Sabs, that is THE thing to do! lol

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 12:55 PM

Just checking if there is already Schnitzel tip here ;-)))) Will be back later...

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Oberstdorf

Have you been to Oberstdorf?