"Argh, no! Not another Novi Zagreb page ;)" Hudi Bitek by sabsi
Hudi Bitek Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 113 photos
This page is not all all helpful for you if you are looking for a page on Hudi Bitek, a small town near Zagreb which has something like 300 inhabitants and when you google it it only appears on a page called "Towns in Croatia starting with HU". It's not about it.
It's a page on "Novi Zagreb" - a new part of Zagreb south of the Sava River. As Novi Zagreb isn't a location on VT even though it has 150,000 inhabitants Hudi Bitec was chosen as an asylum for Novi Zagreb pages by Nikša - VT's expert on Novi Zagreb.
If you are not into modern architecture and you think that the first pictures you see here are absolutely ugly then this page is not for you. You won't find castles or churches here. This page is about concrete and creativity.
Unlike in Germany and probably elsewhere in Europe this "dormitary town" isn't an area of crime and a social disaster. It's a very friendly neighbourhood, it's green (oh well, maybe not in winter) and colourful.
I still wouldn't want to live here but seeing this and hearing all the stories behind Novi Zagreb was definitely great. Thanks for the great tour, Nikša!
Location: South of Sava River, connected by 3 bridges
Building: started in the 1960s
Inhabitants: approx. 150,000 (which would make it 5th largest city in Croatia if it was an independent city)
Biggest Building: "Mamutica", with approximately 5,000 inhabitants
Buzin, Hrelic, Dugave, Travno, Utrina, Zapruđe, Središce, Sopot, Siget, Trnsko, Trok, Kajzerica, Savski Gaj, Remetinec, Botinec, Blato, Glogovec, Otocec, Sv. Klara
- Pros:Interesting area when you get a good tour and have a "strange" taste like me ;)
- Cons:I wouldn't want to live here.
- In a nutshell:I wouldn't want to live here but liked coming here for a few hours.
There are several tram lines that go to Novi Zagreb, you can take numbers 6, 7, 8 or 14. The trip across the river only... more travel advice
There are many restaurants and cafés in Novi Zagreb. There's shopping in every neighbourhood, many playgrounds for kids... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Hudi Bitek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Novi Zagreb - for freaks only"
- "Argh, no! Not another Novi Zagreb page ;)"
- "Mini VT meeting, Zagreb May 21, 2005"
- "As 'hudo' as it can get!"
- "Novi Zagreb"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hudi Bitek
- Hotels in Hudi Bitek
- Transportation in Hudi Bitek
- Restaurants in Hudi Bitek
- Shopping in Hudi Bitek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hudi Bitek
- 13 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Hudi Bitek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hudi Bitek
Photos in Hudi BitekSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues