Zagreb Off The Beaten Path Tips by sabsi Top 5 Page for this destination
Zagreb Off The Beaten Path: 112 reviews and 208 photos
Wall of Pain
This wall in Zagreb is a memorial for all Croatians who died or disappeared during the war of the 1990s. It consists of 13,650 red and black bricks. Relatives wrote the names of missing people on the red ones, the black ones symbolise the deads.
Croatia is still looking for 1,189 persons who went missing during the war.
To get to the wall take tram number 2, 6 or 11 to Sveti Duh (2nd last stop of the line to Crnomerec). You will see it on your left side.
***LATEST NEWS 2006*** Niksa told me that the wall has disappeared. Too bad, I really think that an impressive memorial like this should never be destroyed.
Mamutica,Croatia's biggest building in Novi Zagreb
When Nikša suggested showing us around Novi Zagreb - the new part of Zagreb on the other side of Sava River - I immediately said that I want to see it. After all his infamous Hudi Bitec page had always been one of my favourite VT pages.
It was very interesting to hear everything about this giant project, its buildings and the ideas behind it. I still wouldn't want to live here though....
You can read more about this on my own Hudi Bitec page
More Reviews (83)
- See All CAKES FROM A FAIRYTALE
- See All ZAGREB IN YOUR POCKET
- See All A DAY TRIP TO PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK
- See All AN AFFORDABLE DOUBLE ROOM
- See All COMFY AND POPULAR
sabsi's Related Pages
Zagreb Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZAGREB MY HOME TOWN"
- "Love at first sight - Zagreb"
- "Underrated Zagreb"
- "Zagreb - city of blue trams"
- "Going through some changes..."
- "Zagreb, what a city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagreb
- Hotels in Zagreb
- Transportation in Zagreb
- Nightlife in Zagreb
- Restaurants in Zagreb
- Shopping in Zagreb
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagreb
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagreb
- 85 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Zagreb?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagreb
- Posted in Travel British Virgin Islands Forum "Re: tortola or virgin gorda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MIROGOJ CEMETARY (GROBLJE MIROGOJ)"
- updated a Zagreb Travel Page "Love at first sight - Zagreb"
- Wrote a Review CAKES FROM A FAIRYTALE about Dessert shop in Zagreb Restaurants
- Commented on one of antistar's Zagreb travel pages
Photos in ZagrebSee All Photos (128)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 66 reviews, 220 photos
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (124)
- Gornji grad - the Upper Town- 123 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Gradski trgovi - the City Squares- 83 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Jarun- 23 Reviews, 58 Photos
- The Cathedral- 39 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Museums- 33 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Parkovi - the Parks- 39 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Kaptol- 36 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Donji grad - the Lower Town- 47 Reviews, 73 Photos
- HNK - the Croatian National Theatre- 24 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Other- 60 Reviews, 86 Photos
See All Zagreb Things to Do