Zagreb Hotel Tips by sabsi Top 5 Page for this destination
Zagreb Hotels: 15,582 reviews and 191 photos
I found the nicest hotel you could imagine as Nik?a invited me to stay at his place.
As this place isn't in a city centre location I could feel "local". I went grocery shopping at the market where locals buy their food, I was dependent on public transport as all the others, I basically stepped on grounds (or should I say in holes) where no tourist had stepped before.
Thank you Nik?a for making this possible.
Unique Qualities: Delicious breakfast specialties, loud and hot water, green dinners made by an experienced chef, picture download and battery charging service, Croatian lessons, evening tea and a lot of laughs.
All this is included in the unbeatable price of 0 Kunas (which can be paid in chocolate btw ;)
Address: The address is a big secret.
Directions: Take tram no. 11 and get off when you see the christmas tree. Take a bus from there and get off at the market. Easy eh? ;)
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Rooms Rea, Zagreb
This was a new situation! As Niksa wouldn't be there when we were we suddenly needed a room in Zagreb. Not too easy to find one that is affordable, I tell ya! Accommodation prices in the capital are ruined by lots of business travellers so hotel prices are high. Luckily we found "Rooms Rea" and booked a room there.
Mario, a nice young guy who speaks good English, rents out three rooms in a big apartment with fully equipped kitchen and a big bathroom. We got the "beige room", the only one with ensuite toilet at no extra cost. It was clean and it had a telly (the only place we stayed in that had a (working) telly!). It also had A/C but we didn't switch it on. The toilet only has a folding door so you better know the person very well that you share this room with.
Unique Qualities: The house is located near Kvaternikov Trg, so the city centre is close and the next tram stop on Maksimirska is 3 minutes away. From there it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to Jelacic square. It's in a quiet street. The only noise that woke us up in the night was the guys collecting the garbage. Why do they do this at night?
If you like us arrive by car you can park it on the private grounds which is a really good thing. The house is easy to find, it's the only renovated house in Sermageova street. And it's very colourful orange/yellowish.
We paid 300 kn (approx. 40 EUR) for the room per night in May 2007.
Address: Sermageova 9
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Sermageova is a side street of Maksimirska. If you arrive by tram get off Masiceva. (No. 4 from the main station, No. 7 from the main bus station, No. 11/12 from the Main Square.
Phone: +385 91 538 41 72
More Reviews (83)
- See All CAKES FROM A FAIRYTALE
- See All ZAGREB IN YOUR POCKET
- See All A DAY TRIP TO PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK
- See All COMFY AND POPULAR
- See All MAIN BUS TERMINAL (AUTOBUSNI KOLODVOR)
sabsi's Related Pages
Zagreb Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZAGREB MY HOME TOWN"
- "Love at first sight - Zagreb"
- "Underrated Zagreb"
- "Zagreb - city of blue trams"
- "Going through some changes..."
- "Zagreb, what a city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagreb
- Hotels in Zagreb
- Transportation in Zagreb
- Nightlife in Zagreb
- Restaurants in Zagreb
- Shopping in Zagreb
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagreb
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagreb
- 85 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Zagreb?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagreb
- updated a Zagreb Travel Page "Love at first sight - Zagreb"
- Posted in Travel British Virgin Islands Forum "Re: tortola or virgin gorda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MIROGOJ CEMETARY (GROBLJE MIROGOJ)"
- Wrote a Review CAKES FROM A FAIRYTALE about Ivica i Marica in Zagreb Restaurants
- Commented on one of antistar's Zagreb travel pages
Photos in ZagrebSee All Photos (128)
Read real reviews about Zagreb Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 66 reviews, 220 photos
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (123)
- Cathedral - Katedrala Marijina Uznesenja- 46 Reviews, 114 Photos
- Ban Jelacic Square -Trg Bana Jelacica- 53 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Gornji Grad - Gradec- 44 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Donji Grad - Lower Town- 40 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Croatian National Theatre - HNK- 27 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Lake Jarun- 21 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Dolac Market- 21 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Mirogoj Cemetery- 17 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Kaptol- 27 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Strossmayer Promenade - Strossmayerovo Setaliste- 10 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All Zagreb Things to Do