Zagreb Hotel Tips by sabsi Top 5 Page for this destination

Zagreb Hotels: 5,389 reviews and 155 photos

The landlord - Zagreb

The landlord

Chez Nikša: THE BEST BED AND BREAKFAST

I found the nicest hotel you could imagine as Nikša invited me to stay at his place.

As this place isn't in a city centre location I could feel "local". I went grocery shopping at the market where locals buy their food, I was dependent on public transport as all the others, I basically stepped on grounds (or should I say in holes) where no tourist had stepped before.

Thank you Nikša for making this possible.

Unique Qualities: Delicious breakfast specialties, loud and hot water, green dinners made by an experienced chef, picture download and battery charging service, Croatian lessons, evening tea and a lot of laughs.

All this is included in the unbeatable price of 0 Kunas (which can be paid in chocolate btw ;)

Address: The address is a big secret.

Directions: Take tram no. 11 and get off when you see the christmas tree. Take a bus from there and get off at the market. Easy eh? ;)

Theme: Bed and Breakfast

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6040c

• Updated Feb 24, 2010
Rooms Rea, Zagreb - Zagreb

Rooms Rea, Zagreb

Rooms Rea: AN AFFORDABLE DOUBLE ROOM

This was a new situation! As Niksa wouldn't be there when we were we suddenly needed a room in Zagreb. Not too easy to find one that is affordable, I tell ya! Accommodation prices in the capital are ruined by lots of business travellers so hotel prices are high. Luckily we found "Rooms Rea" and booked a room there.

Mario, a nice young guy who speaks good English, rents out three rooms in a big apartment with fully equipped kitchen and a big bathroom. We got the "beige room", the only one with ensuite toilet at no extra cost. It was clean and it had a telly (the only place we stayed in that had a (working) telly!). It also had A/C but we didn't switch it on. The toilet only has a folding door so you better know the person very well that you share this room with.

Unique Qualities: The house is located near Kvaternikov Trg, so the city centre is close and the next tram stop on Maksimirska is 3 minutes away. From there it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to Jelacic square. It's in a quiet street. The only noise that woke us up in the night was the guys collecting the garbage. Why do they do this at night?

If you like us arrive by car you can park it on the private grounds which is a really good thing. The house is easy to find, it's the only renovated house in Sermageova street. And it's very colourful orange/yellowish.

We paid 300 kn (approx. 40 EUR) for the room per night in May 2007.

Address: Sermageova 9

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Sermageova is a side street of Maksimirska. If you arrive by tram get off Masiceva. (No. 4 from the main station, No. 7 from the main bus station, No. 11/12 from the Main Square.

Phone: +385 91 538 41 72

Price: US$20-40

Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

Website: http://www.roomsrea.hoola.hr

• Written Jun 5, 2007

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Zagreb

Have you been to Zagreb?

Visiting Zagreb?
Read real reviews about Zagreb Hotels!

Top 10 Zagreb Things to Do