"Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck by sabsi
Innsbruck Travel Guide: 1,139 reviews and 2,564 photos
Bigs, Bea and I went to Innsbruck as kind of an emergency solution. We wanted to go to the Garmisch Partenkirchen skijumping competition on New Year's day and we couldn't find accommodation there. So VT member "nykaenen" suggested coming to Innsbruck as they had found a nice pension there already. It was a wise decision. Innsbruck is a wonderful place and we had so much fun with the Croatian girls here. Our main focus was skijumping so we went to Garmisch to see the New Year's day jumping and we also went to the qualification in Innsbruck.
But we also had enough time to explore Innsbruck and the area around it. We went to so many nice restaurants and bars, saw lots of beautiful innsbruck, celebrated New Year's eve "the Austrian way" - with fireworks and a waltz after midnight and we basically just enjoyed a week full of laughter!
Apart from the "one week VT meeting" with the Croatian Ädler Zdenka (VT:Nykaenen) and Seni (VT: s-e-n-i) we also had the chance to meet Lothar (VT:lotharlerch) for a lovely dinner and drinks - we learned so much about Innsbruck, Tirol and Austria that evening, it was unbelieveable how much Lothar knew about this place! Thanks for the wonderful holiday all of you :-)
- Pros:Great town full of nice old buildings, great bars and a wonderful skijumping event
- Cons:It would have been even nicer with a little more snow!
- In a nutshell:I fell in love with this place!
While we were in Innsbruck there was hardly any snow on the mountains even though it was January. We definitely didn't... more travel advice
So, why is Bergisel stadium such a great venue to watch skijumping? The main advantage is that the jumpers go up a hill... more travel advice
- Hyvää Suomi
- See All A dark train ride
- See All City tower
- See All Beautiful buildings in the old town
sabsi's Related Pages
Innsbruck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Innsbruck is a lot more than just a golden roof"
- "The Beautiful town of Innsbruck"
- "Innsbruck - the capital city of Tirol"
- "Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)"
- "INNSBRUCK A NICE CITY AT ALPS!"
- "Innsbruck a wonderful place in the middle of Tirol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Innsbruck
- Hotels in Innsbruck
- Transportation in Innsbruck
- Nightlife in Innsbruck
- Restaurants in Innsbruck
- Shopping in Innsbruck
- Warnings and Dangers in Innsbruck
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Innsbruck
- 40 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Innsbruck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Innsbruck
- Posted in Travel British Virgin Islands Forum "Re: tortola or virgin gorda"
- Commented on one of Nykaenen's Innsbruck travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)"
- updated a Innsbruck Travel Page "Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)"
- Wrote a Review Axamer Lizum about Outside Innsbruck in Innsbruck Off The Beaten Path
Photos in InnsbruckSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 66 reviews, 220 photos
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues