"The Lake District - scenery at its best" Lake District National Park by sabsi
Lake District National Park Travel Guide: 487 reviews and 1,306 photos
I spent two beautiful days in the Lake District with Steve and Susan in April 2003. We were lucky, these two days were the warmest April days for at least 1000 years.
I came back for two more days to celebrate New Years 2004/5 here. Unfortunately it was rainy or overcast most of the time but we were lucky to catch a nice day with beautiful views as you can see on the picture.
The Lake District consists of beautiful lakes, the highest hills (ok, mountains ;) of England, great places for walks and picnics, lovely little villages and thousands of sheep, pubs and outdoor shops to entertain the tourists.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, lovely sheep, nice villages
- Cons:The sea would make it perfect!
- In a nutshell:Probably the most scenic area of England
We went to this very cosy pub after our walk around Buttermere. It was warm inside and very nice and even though we... more travel advice
You can smell this shop from far away in the tiny town centre of Grasmere. I didn't like the smell at all and to be... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Lake District National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Right On Our Doorstep......"
- "A favourite part of the country"
- "Lake District"
- "Ben-UK's Lake District page"
- "It`s Just A Hop Skip And A Jump"
- "Scenery at its best"
- "The Lake District - scenery at its best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake District National Park
- Hotels in Lake District National Park
- Transportation in Lake District National Park
- Nightlife in Lake District National Park
- Restaurants in Lake District National Park
- Shopping in Lake District National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake District National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake District National Park
- 26 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Lake District National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake District National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: No Photo"
- Wrote a Review A COSY PUB WITH NICE FOOD in Lake District National Park Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A COSY PUB WITH NICE FOOD"
- Commented on one of Bigs's Lake District National Park travel pages
- updated a Lake District National Park Travel Page "The Lake District - scenery at its best"
Photos in Lake District National ParkSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues