"Liverpool - a dream come true!" Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool by sabsi

Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,281 reviews and 2,296 photos

***SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS PAGE: The Beatles - Strawberry Fields****

Liverpool has always been on my "Places to see before I'm old and grey" list. So of course I wanted to finally go there when I went to England in spring 2003.

As you might know I love port towns. I'd seen pictures of Liverpool docks and the great buildings at the Mersey and it looked like my kind of place. Now that I've been there I know that Liverpool definitely is my kind of place.

I went there with Steve and Susan and in Liverpool we met up with Sandy and her husband Dave. Being almost local they showed us around and they even had organised to see Liverpool from "the air".

Thank you for everything, I had a great time!

In December 2004 I went back to Liverpool for some days so that I could finally see some more of the place. Bigs and I managed to find some nice bars and great shops and we also squeezed some sightseeing in.

• Pros:Beautiful buildings at the river, great docks, Beatles ... my kind of place!
  • Cons:I have never seen so many ugly churches in one city ;)
  • In a nutshell:Want to go back and see much more!
  • Last visit to Liverpool: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2005

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2005 at 12:25 AM

Please take a look at my Silifke page for more information about The 3 Graces.

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 2:26 AM

haha...them Irish!!! I'm still laughing :) I want fluffy boots!

• Jan 3, 2005 at 1:11 PM

Hiya! Lovely page! I was in Schuh yesterday - only it was London not Liverpool :) Must try to see Liverpool this year - looks like a fabulous city.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 9:45 AM

Definitely my kind of town. Definitely the first UK city I'll visit in 2017 ;) The docks really look fantastic. And I agree - churches are not very nice.

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2004 at 11:42 AM

Fab page! I cant believe that its 9 years since I was last there! Great city.........I cant believe you have a pic of Schuh! The first time I found this shop was in Liverpool! Thenthey popped up everywhere here lol!

• Apr 24, 2004 at 3:28 PM

john's birth place is behind the building in the photo, Oxford Street Maternity Hospital (behind the LMI) closed in 1997. The fittings were burnt, but, with permission, I salvaged items from John's birthplace. I'm glad you enjoyed Liverpool so much.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 4:31 PM

That church DOES look like Dracuula's castle! However, aside from that, Liverpool looks fascinating. It's just nice to see some really good pics of the home of the Fab Four.....

• MrKarl's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2004 at 3:20 PM

Glad you liked Liverpool sabsi! It's a great city, I live in Liverpool and am slowly building up some tips! Yours are fantastic!!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2003 at 3:50 AM

Just started your Liverpool page but have to go out I will be back later very interesting....

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 5:01 AM

Hi Sabsi, I'm taking a course in English. Just now I'm doing a translation job on Liverpool Cathedral. Thanks for the information!

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Liverpool

Have you been to Liverpool?

Latest Activity in Liverpool