"Mind the Gap!" London by sabsi

London Travel Guide: 23,508 reviews and 49,640 photos

Hi!

Following an old tradition I have been thinking what London is for me... ?!?!

Oh well in the 1990s when I went there about once a year London was for me ....

.... shoe and clothes shopping .... New Year's eve chaos and bomb alerts .... cold nights everywhere I went "to bed" .... walking in the rain and sleeping in parks .... aching feet and "postcard sights" ...

Now that I finally went back to London without a big ambition to go shopping I saw new bits of London and even old bits I'd never seen before. I went on the London Eye and was scared of heights like NEVER before, I found a personal tour guide in Tate Modern, a great VT south bank guide and I finally went to see a play at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre!

Enjoy this page. There even will be some travelogues soon ... I couldn't stop taking pictures now that I have finally seen sunny London...

Sabs

• Pros:Great shopping, many things to do, gorgeous buildings
  • Cons:London is too expensive if you are on a tight budget!
  • In a nutshell:An amazing city. Wish I could go more often to see more!
  • Last visit to London: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2006

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Hi interesting reading your expereinces and cultural aspects of London!tho wouldnt call Picadilly a tourist trap but I can relate to being at the suited tube times in my big walking shoes and rucksack on my out and about with camera days!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Booked for August!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2008 at 6:04 AM

Morgen geht's los nach London! Da wollte ich mich schon mal ein bißchen einstimmen! Liebe Grüße!

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 9:00 AM

Werde Emma Em dort treffen :) Cool hey???? Freu mich schon so! hey ich brauch das Strassenschild...naja bin ja in Putney wohl

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 2:24 AM

Did the South Bank walk on Saturday :-)

• ginte's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2005 at 5:12 AM

Just awesome opening picture!!! Can't say anything more at the moment... Still looking at that beauty...;-)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 5:41 AM

That hotel does sound like a good find.

• m-joy's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 4:44 AM

Klasse Seite - informativ u sehr amüsant!! Ich hatte hier auch 2x das Problem mit fehlendem Geld und Stauraum nach dem Schuhkauf...:-)))

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 3:34 PM

A very complete guide to London. And I'm right there with you on the height issues!

• Jun 18, 2004 at 5:26 PM

BRILLIANT!Very well !

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in London