"Middlesbrough: Bridges and Bridges" Middlesbrough by sabsi

Middlesbrough Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 369 photos

I only spent a few hours in Middlesbrough with Steve and Susan recently. The weather wasn't too nice, we wanted to kill some time so we went for a nice walk through the city.

Middlesbrough is an industrial town in the northeast of England. It's twinned with a German industrial town in my neighbourhood - Oberhausen. A good choice I guess!

When we were there there was a petrol smell in the air. I like industrial towns and I absolutely loved Middlesbrough's Transporter Bridge - but the smell can get a bit annyoing after a while!

Apart from the bridge these phone boxes were my favourite view in Middlesbrough. They are located next to the (magnificent .. so they say!) town hall.... which was in scaffolding when we there there.

• Pros:The great transporter bridge
  • Cons:Not a destination for tourists really. The smell!
  • In a nutshell:I still don't like Chris Rea!
  • Last visit to Middlesbrough: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2003

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2006 at 3:14 PM

I once lived in Middlesbrough. It's a dump! You somehow made it look really nice. That takes some effort. I still support boro, though when I was there they were still playing at Ayresome Park and I could hear the fans in my lounge every Saturday.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 11:58 PM

Chris Rea Rocks! And I think you know a transporter bridge that I never heard of??

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 2:06 PM

Bet you wish you could have gone up to the top!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2003 at 9:58 AM

...and my type of pic!!

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Middlesbrough

Have you been to Middlesbrough?

Latest Activity in Middlesbrough