"Middlesbrough: Bridges and Bridges" Middlesbrough by sabsi
Middlesbrough Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 366 photos
I only spent a few hours in Middlesbrough with Steve and Susan recently. The weather wasn't too nice, we wanted to kill some time so we went for a nice walk through the city.
Middlesbrough is an industrial town in the northeast of England. It's twinned with a German industrial town in my neighbourhood - Oberhausen. A good choice I guess!
When we were there there was a petrol smell in the air. I like industrial towns and I absolutely loved Middlesbrough's Transporter Bridge - but the smell can get a bit annyoing after a while!
Apart from the bridge these phone boxes were my favourite view in Middlesbrough. They are located next to the (magnificent .. so they say!) town hall.... which was in scaffolding when we there there.
- Pros:The great transporter bridge
- Cons:Not a destination for tourists really. The smell!
- In a nutshell:I still don't like Chris Rea!
HAHAHA I normally don't put McDonalds into restaurant tips (apart from the one in Paris!) but this was a different... more travel advice
British singer Chris Rea is from Middlesbrough and I can't stand his music. His parents used to have an ice cream shop... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Middlesbrough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'You're Just A Small Town On Teesside'"
- "Keeweechic's Middlesbrough"
- "It aint just about 'The Boro'!"
- "some interesting stuff in Middlesbrough"
- "Whitby on the North Sea"
- "Middlesbrough: Bridges and Bridges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middlesbrough
- Hotels in Middlesbrough
- Transportation in Middlesbrough
- Nightlife in Middlesbrough
- Restaurants in Middlesbrough
- Shopping in Middlesbrough
- Warnings and Dangers in Middlesbrough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Middlesbrough
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Middlesbrough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middlesbrough
Photos in MiddlesbroughSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (127)
Latest Middlesbrough hotel reviews
- Premier Inn Middlesbrough
- 189 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Best Western Highfield Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough
- 192 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Marton Hotel & Country Club
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Thistle Middlesbrough
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Travelodge Middlesbrough
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hotel Baltimore
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2013