"Not just Cheese and Army Knives" Switzerland by sabsi

Switzerland Travel Guide: 14,414 reviews and 43,010 photos

Since I was a little kid I went to Switzerland for my summer holidays quite a few times. I love the mountains (especially the Eiger and all the stories about it), the lakes of "Ticino" and a lot of other places there. Find out more on this page!

My favourite area is the "Berner Oberland". The mountains, the lakes and the villages here are absolutely wonderful. Everytime I go to Switzerland I end up around here.

For new years 2000/2001 I was in Switzerland for a winter holiday for the first time and it was absolutely wonderful. Even nicer than in summer I think... So there is winter tips here as well!

• Pros:Beautiful mountains and villages, great chocolate and many things to do!
  • Cons:Unfortunately not the cheapest place on earth!
  • In a nutshell:Paradise!
  • Last visit to Switzerland: Jan 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2003

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Sabs, fabulous overview about this lovely country. I can't believe you will be in Zurich while we will be in Poland. Anyway, don't forget to buy as much chocolate as you can carry home (like recommended in your General Tip). *winkygrin*

• sinoda's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 11:52 AM

hallo sabsi. bist du sicher, dass die sau nicht wirklich tot ist? werd mich mal mit dem tierschutz in verbindung setzen... =) ja das hki-meeting war wirklich kuul... wie auch diese seiten hier! s

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2003 at 12:22 PM

I was in Switzerland this past August and loved it. I agree Interlaken is a tourist trap. I am glad I was only passing through and not staying there.

• linnyloo's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 8:02 AM

I'm also going to Grindelwald! Wanted to do some tobogganing, but it looks dangerous......lovely photos!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2003 at 3:22 AM

WOW, I'm really inspired now :-) Will mail you with questions...

• stonefree's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2003 at 11:16 PM

informative tips & nice pictures!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2003 at 10:07 PM

Absolutely amazing sunset photo and some other excellent photography and tips here. Makes me want to go there. Thank you

• janaina's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2002 at 4:11 PM

Fantastic page!A real guide for my next trip,the travelogue pictures are exactly what I'm expecting to see & do(including the crashes!!)
    THXS!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2002 at 12:11 PM

Thun was great place for VT meet

• tonypg's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2002 at 8:05 AM

Good page, so nice pics, congratulations

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Switzerland

Have you been to Switzerland?

Latest Activity in Switzerland