"Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay" Murrisk by sabsi
Murrisk Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
We stayed close to Murrisk for two nights in our summer holidays. It's an amazing area. There's hundreds of little islands in Clew Bay and along with the hills around it it is really beautiful.
Ireland's holy mountain - Croagh Patrick - is located close to Murrisk as well. A beautiful - but scary - hike up to its top. As this hill is holy lots of people believe in the spirit of this mountain. I heard quite a few amazing stories of pilgrimers here!
- Pros:Great mysteries of Croagh Patrick, beautiful scenery
- Cons:Murrisk is a really small town so if you're looking for a bigger one go to Westport!
- In a nutshell:I will never forget this place!
Make sure to wear Hiking boots, everything else is lethal. I saw people trying to climb the reek on bicycle shows,... more travel advice
The path up to this 800 meter mountain is really steep and scary at some places. It only consists of rocks and when it... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Murrisk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay"
- "Croagh Patrick, mist and Polish girls, ........."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Murrisk
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Murrisk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murrisk
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 66 reviews, 220 photos
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues