"Skijumping in Summer ... and winter!" Lahti by sabsi
Lahti Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 384 photos
I have been watching skijumping on television since I was a little kid. That's why I had to go to Lahti in summer 2000 to finally to see my first real ski jump. On the picture I just landed at 150 metres with a perfect Telemark ;-)
Without snow or jumpers though .... but with a beautifully located swimming pool and a really funny ski museum! We had planned to go swimming here but unfortunately the day we went here it was really cold so we were freezing.
Talking of freezing: I went back here in winter recently for the Salpausselän Kisät - the Lahti Ski Games. For the first time the weather was beautiful. Lots of snow, blue skies, many funny stories and great sports made this weekend trip an unforgettable experience. My first real winter wonderland days!
- Pros:Great ski museum and wonderful ski jumping hills! Great atmosphere during ski games.
- Cons:Unfortunately it was always too cold for a swim :( The city centre isn't exactly beautiful.
- In a nutshell:A must if you are into skijumping!
There's this lovely little oldfashioned cafe at the waterfront of Vesijärvi. We came here for a drink and a pulla (small... more travel advice
Lahti's city centre isn't exactly beautiful - it looks like the typical modern Finnish town. But still this place seems... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Lahti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY HOME TOWN"
- "Lahti Page"
- "City of Lahti - Gate to the Finnish Lake District"
- "My favourite season in Finland - AUTUMN"
- "Skijumping in Summer ... and winter!"
- "anna's new Lahti Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lahti
- Hotels in Lahti
- Transportation in Lahti
- Nightlife in Lahti
- Restaurants in Lahti
- Shopping in Lahti
- Warnings and Dangers in Lahti
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lahti
- 17 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Lahti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lahti
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: No Photo"
- updated a Lahti Travel Page "Skijumping in Summer ... and winter!"
- Wrote a Review Time flies when you're having a good time in Lahti Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Time flies when you're having a good time"
- Commented on one of Gili_S's Lahti travel pages
Photos in LahtiSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (127)
Latest Lahti hotel reviews
- Cumulus Lahti
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2012