"Bits and pieces of Turku" Top 5 Page for this destination Turku by sabsi

Turku Travel Guide: 517 reviews and 1,151 photos

I recently went to Turku on a day trip from Helsinki. On our way there there was heavy rain and we thought there would be a real museum day ahead of us.

As soon as we had parked our car the sun came out though and it was a beautiful sunny day. So we went straight into the tourist information to find out if we still had the chance on a boat trip through the archipelago. And we had. Before our boat left we even had some time left to see a bit of Turku and to visit the castle!

The highlight of our day in Turku was the trip through the beautiful archipelago though.

Unfortunately because of the beautiful boat trip we missed quite a few great sights of the town itself and also we haven't seen much of the beautiful architecture in the city centre. But I am sure that this wasn't my last visit to Turku so some day I'll add some more here.

I hope you enjoy to read about our wonderful day "Turussa".

PS @ Gil: Was this fast enough? ;)

• Pros:Beautiful archipelago, great old buildings,
  • Cons:None found really.
  • In a nutshell:A nice place for a day trip it was!
  • Last visit to Turku: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 4, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 6:09 AM

Thanks Sabine for your informative Turku-page. I'll try to use your tips during my visit to Turku on my way to Stockholm. Privet from Moscow!

• trotador's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2006 at 1:04 PM

Thanks for the tips. I try to make some of them.

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 3:43 PM

Very nice page and photos. When I visited Turku it was cloudy and rainy.

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 3:45 PM

A great page with lots of good info & pics! My greatgrandmother came from Turku, but still I have not visited the place. Looks like a wonderful place, so I might have to go there soon... :)

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 5:21 PM

Very nice pages. Good pics and plenty of good tips too.

• Sep 29, 2004 at 6:33 AM

nice town with interesting architecture. I'd like to sit in the cafe near of the port and look at the ships.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 3:30 PM

Amazing castle, great idea with a boat trip and very usuful tip on parking.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 6:25 AM

the steamship should be S/s...:-) You could write that this was for a long time Sweden's second largest city :-))) I'm off here tonight.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 1:42 AM

looks like a great trip, love that train cafe too

• kimmo_v's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 6:56 AM

Excellent page, Sabs! You make it look like that Turku is worth visiting. Maybe...

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Turku