Wuppertal Transportation Tips by sabsi Top 5 Page for this destination
Wuppertal Transportation: 10 reviews and 15 photos
At the station "Werther Brücke"
The best and most unique way to get around Wuppertal is by the suspension railway - Schwebebahn - of course.
On a length of 13 kms it connects different parts of Wuppertal and it follows the river Wupper most of the time (sometimes it follows a road though - a very spectacular street scene if you ask me!).
The "Schwebebahn" was officially opened in 1901and a few Art Nouveau Style stations from the old days are still existent from the old days. Most stations are new though.
See more about this unique form of transportation in my "Must See Activities"
More Reviews (8)
sabsi's Related Pages
Wuppertal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hanging around the Wuppertal"
- "Hanging trains in Wuppertal"
- "Trains , a zoo , history , icecream.."
- "Wuppertal - Home of the World Famous Schwebebahn"
- "The Simpsons monorail was better"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuppertal
- Hotels in Wuppertal
- Transportation in Wuppertal
- Nightlife in Wuppertal
- Restaurants in Wuppertal
- Shopping in Wuppertal
- Warnings and Dangers in Wuppertal
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mittelberg Hotels
- Mahon Bridge Hotels
- Ecola State Park Hotels
- Bad Swat Hotels
- Maluku Province
- Mount Laurel
Badges & Stats in Wuppertal
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Wuppertal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuppertal
Photos in WuppertalSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues