"Hanging trains in Wuppertal" Top 5 Page for this destination Wuppertal by sabsi
Wuppertal Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 155 photos
There's something that makes Wuppertal unique in this world: It has a suspension railway! The "Wuppertaler Schwebebahn" has been connecting the different centres of Wuppertal for more than 100 years now. If you ever get the chance to go on a suspension train here take it. It's fun. And very special!
Wupppertal is located in the hills of "Bergisches Land". Around it you will find nature everywhere. I've only seen some other nice spots in Wuppertal like this funnily lit church. But as I have only been here for a trip with the Schwebebahn and to go out at night I might not be the perfect tourguide....
... but I will take you on a trip by suspension train now!
- Pros:Unique form of transportation
- Cons:Not many other sights I guess
- In a nutshell:If you like funny trains this is the place for you!
I couldn't believe my eyes. We were standing outside a station taking pictures when a train up there leaving the... more travel advice
We were lucky to have seen the Emperor's' Carriage while we were waiting at a station. It's an old train that Emperor... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Wuppertal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hanging around the Wuppertal"
- "Hanging trains in Wuppertal"
- "Trains , a zoo , history , icecream.."
- "Wuppertal - Home of the World Famous Schwebebahn"
- "The Simpsons monorail was better"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuppertal
- Hotels in Wuppertal
- Transportation in Wuppertal
- Nightlife in Wuppertal
- Restaurants in Wuppertal
- Shopping in Wuppertal
- Warnings and Dangers in Wuppertal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wuppertal
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Wuppertal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuppertal
Photos in WuppertalSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 66 reviews, 220 photos
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues