"Of hearts and lions - Braunschweig" Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig by sabsi

Braunschweig Travel Guide: 170 reviews and 553 photos

Braunschweig, Lower Saxony's 2nd largest city - is only half an hour away from Hannover and still I never really visited this place. Now my friend has moved here so I visited her recently and we explored the city together. There's a cathedral, a castle and a nice old town here.

My favourite parts, however, are the following:

James Rizzi designed a building in Braunschweig which is definitely a must see. I spent ages here admiring the facade with its faces and hearts, strangly shaped windows and colours. Wonderful!

My 2nd favourite part of Braunschweig was to sit in a beergarden at the bank of the river Oker. A quiet place in the shadow... you can watch boats passing by for ages here. Very relaxing!

• Pros:Lovely old house and riverside, great Rizzi house
  • Cons:A bit small and boring apparently
  • In a nutshell:Nice day trip destination
  • Last visit to Braunschweig: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2003

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2005 at 7:10 AM

Rizzi Haus sieht ja toll aus! Haven't been here since childhood. Maybe worth another daytrip from WOB...hehe.

• Aug 3, 2005 at 10:16 AM

I only visited here once years ago - I am hoping to be back again soon - (Oh and I will definitely check out this Rizzi guy!! ) Great page - thanks :))

• dmrtn's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 5:17 AM

You have a page for everywhere :-) My brother is getting married here in August this year. And i'm the Best Man so I think I need to get my German-English dictionary out for the speech ;-)

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 2:06 PM

One of the new guys here comes from Braunschweig. Last week I could barely pronounce the name, now your page makes me want to go there. I plan to go to Hannover and Bremen in April, so maybe I can fit it in then....

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 12:48 PM

Hi there, really enjoyed reading your pages. Interesting to see someone elses view on the places I am visiting regularly. Stay safe and be happy, Colleen :)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 11:57 AM

Nice tips & pictures. Seems you had a great weather.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 7:57 AM

Looks lovely! Maybe I'll come in 2010. Or maybe Leverkeusen will win CoC instead :-S

• chicabonita's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2003 at 2:20 PM

Great pics of the Rizzi house!!!

• Chamsa's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2002 at 3:56 AM

you should spend some time here :-)

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2002 at 4:15 PM

Sometime I will look at the mysterious Prague page

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Badges & Stats in Braunschweig

Have you been to Braunschweig?

Latest Activity in Braunschweig