"Of hearts and lions - Braunschweig" Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig by sabsi
Braunschweig Travel Guide: 170 reviews and 553 photos
Braunschweig, Lower Saxony's 2nd largest city - is only half an hour away from Hannover and still I never really visited this place. Now my friend has moved here so I visited her recently and we explored the city together. There's a cathedral, a castle and a nice old town here.
My favourite parts, however, are the following:
James Rizzi designed a building in Braunschweig which is definitely a must see. I spent ages here admiring the facade with its faces and hearts, strangly shaped windows and colours. Wonderful!
My 2nd favourite part of Braunschweig was to sit in a beergarden at the bank of the river Oker. A quiet place in the shadow... you can watch boats passing by for ages here. Very relaxing!
- Pros:Lovely old house and riverside, great Rizzi house
- Cons:A bit small and boring apparently
- In a nutshell:Nice day trip destination
It took me a while to visit Braunschweig considering I used to live so close to here. I was here when I was a little... more travel advice
We only had a huge drink here in the heat of a summer day. I really enjoyed this place and its beergarden right at the... more travel advice
sabsi's Related Pages
Braunschweig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Braunschweig, my home for now"
- "Opera and cycling in Braunschweig"
- "Of hearts and lions - Braunschweig"
- "Brewery or history?"
- "Braunschweig - a powerhouse of medieval Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Braunschweig
- Hotels in Braunschweig
- Transportation in Braunschweig
- Nightlife in Braunschweig
- Restaurants in Braunschweig
- Shopping in Braunschweig
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Braunschweig
- 19 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Braunschweig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Braunschweig
Photos in BraunschweigSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Hannover Intro, 104 reviews, 359 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 105 reviews, 235 photos, 18 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 114 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 62 reviews, 209 photos
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 222 photos, 11 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 85 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 77 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues