Australia Off The Beaten Path Tips by Fudge
Australia Off The Beaten Path: 388 reviews and 535 photos
Geike Gorge - boat ride recommended!
It was stunning to see these limestone and granite formations along the Gorge.
This was geike Gorge, named after British geologist, Sir Archibald Geike, in 1883. Witness the hundred over years history captured in these stones, rocks and spectacular formations that jut out from the river, as you mozzie along in a silent motor boat. The uniqueness about this boat trip was we would perch off on a hidden bank and voila, there would be picnic tables there and a spread of tea and muffins, which we carried in out boat, would soon make its appearence :) So nice to have a lil picnis when all u see are rock fomrations and river and more river.
Salties lapping it up
Gorgeous watching these crocs just turning up where they like to take in the sun, then sliding into the water at their whim and fancy.
Just gorgeous watching them!
The first sign of tourism are these damn huge tour buses... i guess it's the best way to take so many pple into a ecologically diverse area...
This is desert petrol kiosk and the colours just struck me. I'm sure this is a sign for more tour buses to come.
This is on the way along the Great Vioctoria desert. Check out Uluru (Ayers Rock) pics under Travelogue!
Blue Mountains areas -- don't just go to the 3 Sisters, but hop off the train and explore Wentworthwill or Lawson on your own. Even Glenbrook has some nice nooks... there's way too many places to go.. Kuringai National Park is also one of my favourites, and so is Starlight Canyon.
More Reviews (7)
Fudge's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Colchester Hotels
- The Remarkables Hotels
- Almeda Beach Hotels
- Fredensborg Hotels
- Opstina Kocani
- St. Augustine (45 minutes S of Downtown)
- Kilclooney Dolmen, Ardara
- Estado de Baja California Sur Off The Beaten Path
- Tarragona Off The Beaten Path
- Peggy's Cove
- Egypt Off The Beaten Path
- Sasebo Off The Beaten Path
- Hampi Off The Beaten Path
- Curitiba Off The Beaten Path
- Lloydminster Off The Beaten Path
- Mount Charleston
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 26 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
- Posted in Travel North America Forum "Re: Real Gap Year"
- Commented on one of Rumi-fan's Australia travel pages
- updated a Australia Travel Page "In unison with nature"
- Uploaded a Photo to "In unison with nature"
- Wrote a Review A boat ride on Geike Gorge Granite history in Australia Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karachi Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Australia hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4795 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 846 Reviews - 1810 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5744 Reviews - 13367 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 973 Reviews - 2115 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 852 Reviews - 2115 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2195 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1600 Reviews - 3449 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 667 Photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- 460 Reviews - 1271 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 129 Reviews - 401 Photos