"Rawa is a Riot :)" Malaysia by Fudge
Malaysia Travel Guide: 27,592 reviews and 68,472 photos
Malaysia has tooo many places to show off, but i'll just humbly start with some of the islands. I esp love the Perhentians, Redang (minus all the damn tourists who insist on stuffing the fishes with loafs of bread!), Sibu which is off the coast of Mersing (small and relatively quieter island) and Rawa.
I also like Lake Kenyir which is island from kuala Terrranganu in Terranganu state where all the turtles come to lay their eggs on the beach -- which is a beautiful sight -- and some inhumane brains-in-the-gutter type people will come and collect the eggs not allowing them to hatch. And eye witnesses (err these are my friends) say they have even seen a mother turtle shed a tear when they have seen their own egg being taken (STOLEN) away.
There is also Fraser's Hill which I like. Pages to be up soon! It's a quiet hillstation north of Kuala Lumpur and a paradise for watching and eharing the exotic birds of Asia.
Meanwhile, check out some Rawa pics - more coming.
The Perhentians is a must for any traveller going through Peninsular Malaysia. This taken with an amatuer under water camera gives you only a glimpse of what you can expect to see.
We saw among much sea life, reef sharks (small ones- relax!), sting rays; swordfish, parrot fish, clown fish, and the turtles!! within metres of us.
- Pros:An island paradise as they say - Malaysia, Truly Asia!
- Cons:Stay away from the traffic jams of KL.
Chill, relax, snorkel, dive chill again, and eat the best seafoods if you're a gourmet crawler... all on one island.... more travel advice
Film and battery for cameras are easily available and relatively cheao in Malaysia. But do stock up from the cities... more travel advice
Fudge's Related Pages
Malaysia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Malaysia Year 2007 has started"
- "Malaysia - a cool fusion of culture and beliefs"
- "Malaysia Travel (and The Foreign Labour Colony)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malaysia
- Hotels in Malaysia
- Transportation in Malaysia
- Nightlife in Malaysia
- Restaurants in Malaysia
- Shopping in Malaysia
- Warnings and Dangers in Malaysia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malaysia
- 42 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Malaysia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malaysia
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karachi Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Malaysia hotels
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- 5929 Reviews - 13249 Photos
- Port Dickson Hotels
- 160 Reviews - 378 Photos
- Pulau Langkawi Hotels
- 1359 Reviews - 3042 Photos
- Penang Hotels
- 2422 Reviews - 5102 Photos
- Cameron Highlands Hotels
- 566 Reviews - 1700 Photos
- Kuala Terengganu Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 308 Photos
- Kuching Hotels
- 785 Reviews - 2068 Photos
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- 511 Reviews - 899 Photos
- Melaka Hotels
- 1562 Reviews - 3793 Photos
- Kota Kinabalu Hotels
- 1038 Reviews - 2697 Photos
- Genting Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 965 Photos
- Kuantan Hotels
- 154 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Lumut Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 213 Photos
- Pulau Sapi Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Miri Hotels
- 219 Reviews - 533 Photos