"The Sikkim Trip" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim by Fudge

State of Sikkim Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 906 photos

The Kangchen-Dzonga Range was visible every morning from the flat we were staying in gangtok, for 5 days. We had clear mornings and the view was beautiful everytime :)

“We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.” ~ Khalil Gibran (1883-1931)

The prayer flags donned the Sikkim landscape creating in you a sense of calm and respect for the unseen. Prayers are believed to be blown in the wind as the prayer flags blow strongly on hillsides.

The joy of travelling is seeing heartening smiles from kids ready to love you and the world around them. These were Lepcha kids in a hostel run by a dynamic 70+ lady called Ms. Kippu. It was amazing how many people knew her :)

• Pros:Breathtaking sights and beautiful wild flowers
  • Cons:The driving is scary, but then you're reminded it's India
  • In a nutshell:I would love to travel there again and see more of the places I didn't get to see. Definitely a place which will come up nicely. Nice people make a nice place.
  • Last visit to State of Sikkim: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 30, 2003

• vpas's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2008 at 12:50 AM

superb page.plan to go next may.thanks for sharing all the info.. vpas

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2008 at 12:38 AM

One of the very nice page on Sikkim. Yes it will be an advantage if you have your own vehicle. But thy dont allow your own vehicle to travel around Sikkim but I think you meant the hired vehicle for days you stay.

• mantru's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 2:26 AM

nice page on sikkim

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2006 at 6:56 AM

Love that Ganesh lookout pic! Blu

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Gr8 Eid congregation pics!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 12:34 AM

Amazing place ! I will have to check out this place one day!

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 5:35 PM

Very interesting Eid in Sikkim. Wish you a very Happy Eid to you, your friends and family. This year, I managed to celebrate Eid with my family in Singapore. Abu

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2005 at 5:36 AM

G'day Fudge. Saw your gorgeous sunset pic & couldn't resist a look! What a wonderful holiday!! I can almost smell that fresh mountain air!! Lovely!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 2:52 AM

I'm very drawn to India, and Sikkim is one of pthe places I'm dying to see! GREAT page!!!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 4:21 AM

Beautiful scenery. This is a great page with super photos and tips. I will have to put Sikkim on my list of places I want to see.

Fudge

“The most foreign country is -- within!”

Badges & Stats in State of Sikkim

Have you been to State of Sikkim?

Latest Activity in State of Sikkim