"Connections from the past" Karachi by Fudge
Karachi Travel Guide: 487 reviews and 1,042 photos
This beautiful tile-stone from Sewan Sharif (dated early 20th Century) makr the entrance of the Mohatta, a palace built after lady Fatimah Ali Jinnah, the sister of the Founder of Pakistan, Mohammad Ali Jinnah sahib. She remained unmarried, and was with him throughout his journey in gaining the indpendance for Pakistan from British India and supported him in his challenge.
'When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most of him may be clearer in his absence,
as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.'
~ Kahlil Gibran in The Prophet
Found - Camels and ethnic sindhi cloths blowing against the hot breeze at Clifton beach!
Be careful of the camel wardens though - they fix a price with you saying they'll take you to a distance and then within minutes they ask if you want to go further and if you say yes, the double to cost. You are already on the camel and already overpriced (hence none of the locals are taking up camel rides) so be careful what you agree to.
Church of the Infant Jesus and Mary - in town.
This church was steeped in history as witnessed by its tall structure and materials used. It was stunning and commanded attention. Inside, it was quiet but a staeady flow of worshippers were slowly making their way for a service.
- Pros:It's ok in Doses. Enjoy karachi in a short time
- Cons:Didnt like the dishonesty, conning that continues in ALL the shops.
They will tell you a fare first, you agree. and then within minutes, when u're on the camel, and the camel has walked a... more travel advice
It was hard to choose the category from VT's list of food type. I'd say it's a mix of BBQ, desi (local Pakistani), food... more travel advice
Fudge's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 4 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karachi Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue