"Silhouetting Zanzibar" Fudge's Profile
"Although beauty is ubiquitous, whether we are aware of it or not, there is a hierarchy of beauty, as there is of reality, being, love. The supreme beauty is the beauty of the Supreme Reality; absolute beauty is the beauty of the Absolute. Even the most intense beauty experienced in this world in the beautiful face of a loved one or a supreme work of art or of virgin nature or even the perfume of the soul of a saint is a reflection of divine Beauty."
July-Aug: Tanzania & South Africa
June 2008 - Lombok, Indonesia
April 2008 ~ Australia (NSW [Blue Mountains, Syd, Newcastle], Canberra, Melbourne)
Dec 2007 ~ Syria (Damascus and Surrounds)
April-July 2007 ~ Pakistan (Voluneering at home for earhquake surviors in Mansehra, Northern Areas & Islamabad at time of Red Mosque Operation)
A certain change in the winds is causing the sails to change direction... the ropes in my hand are giving way - and i have to let the winds show me the way.
Often we let these winds sway us left, right, forward etc. Often we dont know where we are heading. Worse still, we dont know what we want. We get accused for being indecisive when we dont know what we want.
When a man does not know what harbour he is making for,
No wind is the right wind."
Oh well, my chapter now is all about the wind direction. My compass lies in the palm of my hand and oyster-world, here I come!
Some of you will soon see me at your shores as i explore more of the world i have not seen, much less understood. It's a wonderful feeling to subject oneself to the unknown. To have faith - that faith which resides within. That tells us we are alive and that we have faith :)
Lillies in the water
and frogs on lotus leaves
i smile at the ripples
and my own reflection
My Nikon sits beside me
yearning to be clicked
i tease it --
fingering the trigger
"No more shots!"
my conscience shouts
The olive green frog
it is touching my heart
and the lotus smiles
all its pinkness glowing
i am looking at
my lime summer dress
i was a part of water
But hydrogen and oxygen
will not have me --
i am too urban
i visit lotus ponds
pronouncing my urban-ness
to enjoy the company of
my two favourite friends
the olive green frog
and the glowing pink lotus.
~ All Rights Reserved Fudge
We make a Life by what we give.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."
the rajasthani blue
the kinabalu grey
the brazilian green
the morrocan red
vie for the last bet
the angst of a tied up crustacean
a silenced furore contrasting against the
bloom of lotus ponds and sorghum fields
where the traveller's eye but accidentally catches
the 10 yr old's impatience through teary tantrums & fearful phantoms
do we live in placid misantrophy
charred from our own
inability to swallow and forgive
or is the traveller within seething with escapism
cos he'd rather live in another's world than
his own -- even for a short while?
thoughts ramble on as the train pulls ahead
into horizons of unknown lands...
the journey is endless a single step,
but many thousand miles still not covered.
This holy work of ours will not be done.
Until faith becomes rejection, and rejection becomes belief
There will be no true Muslim."
~ Sufi Aba Said ibn Abi-l-Khair
(Quoted from Idries Shah, 'The Way of the Sufi')
Check out my Eid in Sikkim Travelogue :)
pictures of infinite beauty
if only we have the eyes to see them..."
~ John Ruskin (1819-1900)
MORE AUSSIE PICS Coming up - April 2008 trip! Rumi-fan pls keep pushing me. promise will get there ;p
Places to go:
* Spain (mainly South, Alhambra, Grenada, Almiera)
* Seattle, Oregon, USA
* Ladakh, India
* Greece (from Mykonos to Santorini)
35 Clearest Waters in the world to Swim in Before You Die
Bintan, Indonesian Island (off Singapore)
2009 & 2010
California, New York, Dallas, Montana
Sydney & Melbourne, Australia
* Lombok - DONE! May 2008
* Australia - DONE! Awesome trip
* South Africa (Durban) - Aug 2008
* Tanzania (Arusha, Serengetti) - July 2008
* Syria (Damascus, Homs, Bludan, Palmyra, Maloula, Bosra)
* Pakistan (Mansehra, Balakot, Naran, Islamabad)
* Tioman, Malaysia
Kimberlys, Top End Western Australia - Trip was SPECTACULAR! totally recomended. Check out Kimberlys page! more pics coming up.
* Sri lanka pics pending : i still Haven't gotten this done. :(
At some stage:
~ Colorado Rocky Mountains, Montana (Did MT in 2010!) etc.
~ Austria, Switzerland, Leichtenstein, Italy (2014 inshaAllah)
~ Trans Siberian Rail Journey (Beijing - Helsinki)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 199 Reviews
- 561 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
updated their Profile Page "Silhouetting Zanzibar"
- Fudge and MoosaRaza are now friends.
- Commented on Fudge's profile page
- Wrote a Review Spinny Sips in an Upside down world! in Ho Chi Minh City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spinny Sips in an Upside down world!"
- Posted in Travel North America Forum "Re: Real Gap Year"
- updated a Vancouver Island Travel Page "Travel to Tofino"
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karachi Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos