"To fall in love with Madrid" Madrid by Danalia

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,383 reviews and 10,968 photos

To fall in love with Madrid

When I first arrived to Madrid I came to visit a friend. I came from a sunny day in Malaga , and landed into a crazy rainy weather.
When my friend came, we drove into the city, we hardly could see anything cause of the rain. We were hungry, we steped out of the car, we got all wet, and then I lift my head and took a look around.
That was the moment I felt in love with Madrid, and I was thinking to myself "That city is Rock"!
I wasn't wrong.
Even though I was living in Malaga most of my years in Spain, Madrid was and it is still my favorite city.
I can walk the Gran Via street as many times as its takes, and the Salamanca quater is also one of my favorit part in town.

First time in Madrid, I just took my time to learn it and get use to it, and as time passed I started explorer it part by part.
Sometimes I use to take a train to Madrid, around 4 hours from Malaga, and spend the whole day there. I was leaving Malaga first thing in the morning, and take the last train leaving town.
While staying in Madrid for more then one day, I used to take one of the hotels around the Gran Via street ,and then take one day to visit the amazing museums of Madrid, another day to visit the different parts of the city, the gardens, the fashion stores, and the local food and culture.

For who ever travel to Madrid my only advise, since there are lots of things to do, is to take any day and dedicated it to something else. Make sure not to give up on just walking around the main streets and Las Plazas ,take a sit in many of the Cafe's around the city, watch the locals at the Tapas Bar and try different kind of food that you don't usually eat back home.

• Intro Updated Mar 25, 2011

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Nice travel page on Madrid, including the festival info. Karl

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    May 22, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Hahaha, your wet landing in Madrid mirrors what we had in Marbella, our friends there promised 340 days of sun a year, WE landed for those few of RAIN. Martin

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I know that you are working on these pages, D. Please do let me know when you're finished, I'm sure that we'll all feel your passion for Madrid and Spain. :)

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Stop! You are making me hungry :)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Very nice views indeed!....

Danalia