"Christmas holidays in Switzerland....planning" sarkvm's Profile

how...where...what....etc ... need all your advice

hello guys

Me n my gf are planning a trip to Switzerland during Christmas this year. just booked return flights and now trying to plan the trip, tickets are to/from Zurich.

This will be our 1st visit to swiss and we would like to see the best of Swiss in @ 6 days.
We plan to travel by train/bus all along and Zurich, Interlaken, Lucerne look like the key points, please correct me if not. Some excursions are also part of the plan.

After some research @ transportation and thru some of the forums I quickly realized the common confusion point as some of the others - which pass to buy ?

Hoping to get some good advice from all of you.

Sar

PS- Trip starts on 23-Dec, we reach Zurich, ends on 28th Dec return flight from Zurich. We are not thinking @ camping/museums during this short trip but sightseeing and excursions would be the 1st choice.

which is the best travel pass for 5 days of travel

the plan looks like

On 23-Dec, Zurich-->Interlakenn
make Interlaken the base of the trip and stay here for 4 days, is it ok ?

From Interlaken make day trips to Jungfrau,Lucerne, Turin etc n some excursions

on 26-Dec, Interlaken --> Zurich in the evening

27-Dec full day and 28-Dec half day for Zurich Sightseeing, is it enough or too much ?

So my question is for this kind of itinerary, which would be the travel pass I should buy- Swiss pass / Swiss card / not sure if I can get half fare card ?/ flexi pass / transfer ticket.

Please advice on the most economical travel pass I should Choose.

Sar

what @ accomodation, hotels or hostels ?

We normally take the easier option which is Hotels for our holidays. But since swiss trip is getting quite expensive so we have started looking for backpacking hostels as well.

My gf has reservations @ sharing the place but should we try it anyway for 1-2 days, any good options/experiences to share ?

• Intro Updated Nov 15, 2010

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

sarkvm

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.