"The best theatre in the world" Epidaurus by Mikebond
Epidaurus Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 199 photos
Epidávros is one of the seven wonders of Greece, thanks to its marvellous theatre. However, in the ancient times, people would come here to take benefit from the miracles of Asklépios (in Latin Aesculapius), the god of Medicine. This sanctuary hasn't survived to the time and today tourists can only visit ruines and excavations in the area.
The archaeological site of Epidávros was included in UNESCO's World Heritage List in 1988.
- Pros:the theatre is impressive
- Cons:I didn't see any
- In a nutshell:I felt the air of Ancient Ellás on my skin
Near the theatre, you'll see excavations and the ruines of the Asklépios sanctuary. There is also an archeological... more travel advice
Mikebond's Related Pages
Epidaurus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanctuary&Theatre in Epidaurus"
- "Theatre and Healing"
- "Epidaurus - the harmony of nature and architecture"
- "There are three Epidaure"
- "Birthplace of theater"
- "The best theatre in the world"
- "Sanctuary of Asklepios at Ancient Epidaurus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Epidaurus
- Hotels in Epidaurus
- Transportation in Epidaurus
- Restaurants in Epidaurus
- Shopping in Epidaurus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Epidaurus
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Epidaurus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Epidaurus
Photos in EpidaurusSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 64 reviews, 214 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 45 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos