"In the land of Habsburg wonders" Miramare by Mikebond
Miramare Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 32 photos
Although I have been studying in Trieste since 2002, I visited Miramare only in May 2005. Miramare is many things: a little village close to Trieste, a sea reserve, a huge park and a beautiful castle. It was the Habsburg Maximilian (later Emperor of Mexico) who wanted to build the castle. Inside the palace, all his plans are exhibited.
Don't be surprised to see many Austrians and Germans here: Miramare lies in Italy but they feel it as if it still belonged to the Habsburg, and so do many Triestini.
- Pros:You breathe an imperial atmosphere
- Cons:too big!
- In a nutshell:The place everyone would like to live!
Mikebond's Related Pages
Miramare Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Miramare
- 0 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Miramare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miramare
Photos in MiramareSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 64 reviews, 214 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 43 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos