"Parma" Top 5 Page for this destination Parma by Mikebond

Parma Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 741 photos

Parma lies halfway between Bologna and Milano. It is one of the jewels of Emilia-Romagna, still it isn't enough known yet. It has more than 160,000 inhabitants but looks like a small town thanks to the numerous trees and pedestrian areas.
Parma lately became very important for hosting the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), one of the EU agencies, which is playing a major role in these times of mad cow, bird flu and other diseases. Getting this agency gave a boost to the urban development of Parma: two or three metro lines are planned to connect the city centre to the airport, to the university campus and to the A1 motorway, making Parma a real European city.
I visited Parma with my mother on a sunny day of July and we were very surprised to see so many architectural beauties for a medium-size town. I really felt in love with Parma and want to go there again to see what I missed in 2004 and to take better photos.

• Pros:a real treasure
  • Cons:still not known enough
  • In a nutshell:a great discovery!
  • Last visit to Parma: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2006

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 3:06 AM

I've never been to Parma, but I did go to Busseto and Cremona last year, so I know the region a little bit. Years ago I read Stendhal's novel The Charterhouse of Parma, but don't remember much about it. I'd love to see an opera at Teatro Regio.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Parma certainly has lots of wonderful and interesting tourist attractions such as the Duomo, Battistero, the squares, the monuments and the palace. It reminds us of the city of Florence which we visited last year. ~ho pang

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM

The Clinica del Panino in Parma oldtown is a real institution! You can get sandwich (with real bread non toast bread) with so many things inside...one is even called skyscraper. The one with row horse meat is very typical

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2006 at 8:09 AM

Ho passato vicino in vari occasioni pero mai mi son' fermato, che sbaglio.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2006 at 9:49 AM

I did not know that the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) was in Parma. Je ne pensais pas qu'il y avait autant de belle choses à Parme. Les fresques sont superbes. Ta photo montre bien le cloître de la cathédrale.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Quante belle foto! Thank you for writing so many tips about my hometown.

Mikebond

“All you need is Europe! - Tired to write pages that no one reads...”

Badges & Stats in Parma