"Parma" Top 5 Page for this destination Parma by Mikebond
Parma Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 771 photos
Parma lies halfway between Bologna and Milano. It is one of the jewels of Emilia-Romagna, still it isn't enough known yet. It has more than 160,000 inhabitants but looks like a small town thanks to the numerous trees and pedestrian areas.
Parma lately became very important for hosting the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), one of the EU agencies, which is playing a major role in these times of mad cow, bird flu and other diseases. Getting this agency gave a boost to the urban development of Parma: two or three metro lines are planned to connect the city centre to the airport, to the university campus and to the A1 motorway, making Parma a real European city.
I visited Parma with my mother on a sunny day of July and we were very surprised to see so many architectural beauties for a medium-size town. I really felt in love with Parma and want to go there again to see what I missed in 2004 and to take better photos.
- Pros:a real treasure
- Cons:still not known enough
- In a nutshell:a great discovery!
The church of San Giovanni Evangelista lies just behind the cathedral and is worth visiting for the paintings inside it.... more travel advice
Parma lies halfway on the Milano-Bologna railway. Regional trains, as well as Intercity and Eurostar trains connect it... more travel advice
Mikebond's Related Pages
Parma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A real parmigiana"
- "Ham? Cheese? Violets?"
- "P A R M A"
- "Henrik's Parma page"
- "Parma - small clubs can still win big titles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parma
- Hotels in Parma
- Transportation in Parma
- Nightlife in Parma
- Restaurants in Parma
- Shopping in Parma
- Warnings and Dangers in Parma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parma
- 23 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Parma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parma
Photos in ParmaSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 65 reviews, 214 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 47 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos