"Angers: one of the best towns to live in" Top 5 Page for this destination Angers by Mikebond

Angers Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 283 photos

Angers is the main town of the département Maine-et-Loire.
I spent one month there in 2002, in order to attend a French course at the CIDEF (Centre International D'Etudes en Français - International Centre of French Studies) of the UCO (Université Catholique de l'Ouest - Western Catholic University).
It's a very nice town to live in: not too big (some 150,000 people), with wide streets, lots of parks, churches and museums. It's an ideal place for young people like me who want to practise French and to enrich their culture.
During my stay there, I lived with my host-mother in Les Ponts-de-Cé, a village just outside Angers.

• Last visit to Angers: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2004

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Ciao my friend. We plan to see this area in next year. Thanks for your nice pictures and comments.

• Jul 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I am coming to your country and in angers for conference but my family comes as well , do you think three days in ok for angers to see. Is it good time for shopping, is there big shopping center in angers, How is the weather in end of august, do you think

• marvelous_girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Museum and fort are simply amazing .In Pakistan also in Many Museums u are not allowed to take Photographs for security purpose. thankx for the excellent tipx.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Thank you for the intro. I've recently discovered that my ancestors were from this region.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 12:55 PM

That's a very nice pic of the Musée Jean Lurçat in Angers...and what a nice name, ANGERRRRRRRS...excellent tips! Norman :)

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 7:38 AM

nice tour of Angers!may be i should stop by on my way to Nantes; thanks!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2006 at 12:39 PM

Mi sono perso una bella città!!! Ma haimè era un po' fuori dal mio intinerario e dalla regione di Centre! Entrerà sicuramente quando farò la Loira Atlantica! Ciao

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 2:47 AM

good page!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 2:39 PM

No, there is no rule for kisses. It is a matter of region & family use. 2 : the most frequent. 3 : mostly in the Chateaux de la Loire region. 4 : not very common. When there is a population coming from various places (students), you never know how many!

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2005 at 9:00 AM

great Angers pictures! I studied here in 2002 as well.

Mikebond

“All you need is Europe! - Tired to write pages that no one reads...”

Badges & Stats in Angers