"The most populated calvaire of Bretagne" Guimiliau by Mikebond
Guimiliau Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 93 photos
Guimiliau is a small village in the surroundings of Morlaix. Like many other villages in this area (such as Saint-Thégonnec), it's worth visiting for its enclos paroissial and, in particular, for the calvaire, which is the most "populated" of Bretagne, with 200 characters.
It's also there that my parents and I could attend a very interesting mass celebrated in Breizhonnec (Breton language) and with people wearing local costumes.
- Pros:really majestic
- Cons:rather isolated
When you come out of the church, ask the guide where you can see the woman with the naked breast. Here she is! It's a... more travel advice
The inside of the church is Baroque and, as you can already see, it is much richer than that of Saint-Thégonnec. Worth... more travel advice
Mikebond's Related Pages
Guimiliau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A truly monumental parish close!"
- "The most populated calvaire of Bretagne"
- "The Town with a Model Parish Close"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guimiliau
- 6 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Guimiliau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guimiliau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 65 reviews, 214 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 47 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos