"A peaceful war theatre" Port-en-Bessin-Huppain by Mikebond
Port-en-Bessin-Huppain Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 39 photos
I visited Port-en-Bessin with my parents during our stay in Basse-Normandie. We had rented a house in Sainte-Honorine-des-Pertes, very close to it.
Port-en-Bessin lies on the beach that was called Omaha Beach after the landing on Normandie on 6th June 1944, when the liberation of Europe started. This village had been conquered by the German troops and today it is worth visiting for the German defensive posts that were built on the beach.
- Pros:it has a beautiful beach
- Cons:it reminds of sad times of the European history
It is a universal truth that nature is more powerful than mankind, as these photos show. Lots of young men have died... more travel advice
Mikebond's Related Pages
Port-en-Bessin-Huppain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A peaceful war theatre"
- "A beautiful place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port-en-Bessin-Huppain
- Hotels in Port-en-Bessin-Huppain
- Restaurants in Port-en-Bessin-Huppain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port-en-Bessin-Huppain
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Port-en-Bessin-Huppain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port-en-Bessin-Huppain
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 65 reviews, 214 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 47 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos