"Welcome to Dachau: the beginning of the end" Top 5 Page for this destination Dachau by Mikebond
Dachau Travel Guide: 170 reviews and 479 photos
Dachau was the first concentration camp opened by Hitler in 1933. Unlike what many people think, this was not an extermination camp and it was not conceived to kill Jewish people, but to emprison (and also kill, of course) political opponents, namely communists and social-democrats, as well as homosexuals and gipsies (Roma).
- Pros:you can reach it easily with public transport
- Cons:it is always full of noisy and uninterested students
- In a nutshell:it gives you an idea of what Nazism did
These two tablets remind of the soldiers who liberated Europe from Nazism and of the victims of that regime. Honour to... more travel advice
The attractions portrayed in these photos lie close to the crematorium. The first monument bears an inscription under... more travel advice
Mikebond's Related Pages
Dachau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Dachau: the beginning of the end"
- "To Honor the Dead, and to Remind the Living"
- "dachau germany"
- "Dachau, even the name evokes horror..."
- "The former SS concentration camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dachau
- Hotels in Dachau
- Transportation in Dachau
- Nightlife in Dachau
- Restaurants in Dachau
- Warnings and Dangers in Dachau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dachau
- 16 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Dachau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dachau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 65 reviews, 214 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 47 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos