"AmericanBarney's Adventures" AmericanBarney's Profile

I DID IT!! HAVE BEEN TO ALL 7 CONTINENTS!!

Well, I have had quite the adventure lately! In August I made the trip from New Jersey to Slapshot1 in California (by air mail!). Slapshot1 (Greg) took me all the way to Paris for the big Paris meet where I met lots of new VTers and had lots of fun. Then Greg gave me to Aussirose who took me and my brother Aussie Barney all around Europe and to Morocco too!

Aussirose (Ann) brought us back to Australia. When I landed in Australia I reached my 7th and last continent. I was so excited that I have seen so much of this world!!

Aussirose posted me to Betska (Betty), who took me exploring in Australia. I haven't wrestled any crocs yet, but have picked up a bit of an accent, mate. Now Betty and I are off to explore Mexico. We'll meet up with Dester (Davey) and then drive to New Orleans in his big red rig!

After several weeks traveling with Betty, she'll take me back to NYC for a VT meet and give me back to my guardian.

After celebrating Christmas, I'll be heading back to India again!

Introducing AmericanBarney

I made my first appearance at Zanzooni's Fredericksburg (VA) Meet on Thursday Oct. 21st, 2010. DiNo (DanielDiNicola from VT Staff), who is the Chief Shepherd of all the Barneys, brought me all the way from the VT offices in California to Fredericksburg.

At my very first VT Meet I was so excited to meet all of the following VTers: Balfor, Chrishc, Donna_in_India, Foundryman1, Gillybob, Hikerpark, Iaint, Jethanand, Littlesam1, LoriPori, Nhcram, Rexvaughan, Slapshot1, Spgood301, Starship, Suet, Thecatsmeow, Waalewiener, Xymmot, and Zanzooni. (Giampiero6 arrived the next night.)

We ate some great baaabque, got to know each other, and took a group photo. That night I went baaack to the hotel with my Guardian Shepherd, Donna_In_India (Donna). After so much excitement, Kasha and I were very tired and we fell right asleep. My Guardian Shepherd doesn't let Kasha play with me much so that I don't get too dirty.

The next day we took a trolley tour of Fredericksburg. I even got a sticker and my own seat but it was a little cold for me. That night we took a (walking) ghost tour. It was very scary and I was happy to go baaack to the hotel. The next morning we left for Luray Caverns. That was so much fun and I posed for some photos.

Our last night in Fredericksburg at our farewell dinner I was so exicted to meet one of my sheep brothers, BarneyUK. Gillybob brought him all the way from the U.K. I think he was just as excited to see me because he kept trying to jump on me. We posed for a photo with G, Zana, and Gillian.

Soon it was time for us to leave Fredericksburg to go to my new home in NJ. On the way, we stopped at the National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. It was very fun and Donna took a photo of me in front of the Space Shuttle Enterprise. That was so cool but it was so huge that I look so very tiny.

You can see all of my Fredericksburg photos in my album below

My Barney Brothers

AussieBarney stays with his Guardian Shepherd wise23girl (Marg) and lives in Buderim, Australia.

BarneyUK stays with his Guardian Shepherd Suvanki (Sue) and lives in Sheffield, UK.

EuroBarney stays with his Guardian Shepherd yumyum (Sonja) and lives in Zurich, Switzerland.

AsiaBarney stays with his Guardian Shepherd chocolatecake (Abby) and lives in Hainan Dao, CN.

O'Barney stays with Classroom Travels in Ireland.

The rest of our Barney family includes our Chief Shepherd DanielDiNicola (DiNo) who lives in California at VT headquarters, and of course, our dad, Kiwi's (Pam) Barney and the original Barney and VT Mascot.

My First Halloween

Our yard was decorated with pumpkins and a witch. Kasha was dressed as a lady bug and even I had a wig on. It was very difficult to find a costume so tiny for me!

We had lots of fun giving out candy to all the trick or treaters. We even made candy apples! You can see my Halloween photos in my album below.

My first Christmas...

Twas the season! We're had a great Christmas. We put up a beautiful tree, had lots of food (especially Christmas cookies!), and exhanged lots of presents!

How to be a Roving Shepherd:

I want to meet as many VTers as possible. Please let Donna_In_India know if you are having a meet or if you are attending one and would like to bring me along as my Roving Shepherd.

While I am in your care you must keep in touch with Donna_In_India or DiNo. They must know my where-abouts all the time.

DiNo would like something added to my wardrobe with each new roving shepherd that is representative of where the meet was.

You can write up your Meets with me on your own pages.

Where I've Been and What's Next:

I've had so much fun traveling the last few months! Soon I'll be visiting more new places including Mexico and New Orleans!

I'll be at the NYC VT meet in mid-December. Then I'm heading back to India for a while.

I'm hoping to make the Bergamo meet and I'm planning to be at the big Seattle meet where I'll meet many new VTers.

• Intro Updated Nov 6, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
AmericanBarney's Profile Photo

AmericanBarney

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.