"Steamtown National Historic Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Scranton by bebop88
Scranton Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 74 photos
Steamtown NHS is operated by the national park service. Shown here is the center of the visitor center which is a converted round house where maintenance was performed on the locomotives. The center is quite modern, renovated in the early '90s. There is a theatre inside where a film on the park and history of the local railroad can be viewed. Also, the center contains many exhibits, including actual various rail cars used in the early 1900's. The exhibits are well designed and give the visitor much insight into life on the railroad in those days.
- In a nutshell:A nice place to spend a day
If you got kids, they'll love the train excursion - guaranteed!! more travel advice
bebop88's Related Pages
Scranton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Steamtown National Historic Site & more...."
- "Scranton, PA"
- "Scranton: Northeast Pennsylvania's Railroad City"
- "Steamtown National Historic Site"
- "Scranton - Coal, trains and trolleys"
- "Scranton, PA, US"
- "MONTAGE MOUNTAIN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scranton
- Hotels in Scranton
- Transportation in Scranton
- Restaurants in Scranton
- Shopping in Scranton
- Warnings and Dangers in Scranton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scranton
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Scranton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scranton
Photos in ScrantonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Pennsylvania Intro, 23 reviews, 178 photos, 13 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Easton Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Arctic Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Allentown Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues