"my Budapest" Budapest by dtamas
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,735 reviews and 17,967 photos
I'm one of those fortunates who was born in a nice, historical city. Though Budapest is not huge, especially the inner parts, and even though I walk there every day, I always find something new (to me) that used to be there for long-long decades in fact. This still surprises me, however I found out the magic: don't just walk, and look around, but look around above too! There are ornaments, sculptures on (almost) every building in the inner city, and you'll miss many of those for sure if you don't raise your glance above.
... ah, yes, and please don't be confused by the illustration: this photo was taken in fact looking below from Gellért hill :)
The flood of Danube peaked today (26/March/2002). The riverside was quiet and peaceful in the sunny morning. The city lived its everydays. Only some nuts like me bothered to slow down and take some photos of the great whirling water that splits the city in the middle. See my travelogue for photos of the flood.
Today (27/July/2001) I took my camera with me, dressed like a foreign tourist, and walked the streets of Budapest wandering on everything a tourist would wander. I had a lot of fun realizing that local people assumed I'm a tourist, and they behave like that. This sort of activity is something worth trying: you'll learn more about your own culture than playing your usual role in it.
(09/August/2005) I'd like to share this photo of a beautiful double rainbow this day, popped up above the city after a cool breeze.
There is a fancy atrium they call the "Turtle Island" where the tables are set up above a turtle pond. (Don't worry,... more travel advice
Walk the streets of the inner city. The front of the buildings are full of ornaments, figures and sculptures. Something... more travel advice
dtamas' Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "BIG, BUSTLING, BEAUTIFUL, BUDAPEST!"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 30 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 113 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hamilton Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Canada Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Rhodes (Island) 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ontario 10 photos, 2 travelogues