"An enchanted island" Symi by dtamas
Symi Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 366 photos
Symi is an enchanted island in the vicinity of Rhodes. The riveters of old times have cut all the trees in the island (yes, to build the ships they sold), so there remained no vegetation to collect rain water, so there's no natural fresh water on the island.
Besides tourism, and the sponges in the sea there's no valuable resource, so many of the inhabitants left the island.
However, the houses are still maintained (at least painted in pastel colors like they were new), and this makes the island enchanted, just like in a book of tales.
During a one day trip from Rhodes you can have a nice walk, a delicious lunch, and buy sponges, and many other souvenirs.
- Pros:nice place for a one day trip
- Cons:really not much to do there
- In a nutshell:A truly enchanted island
dtamas' Related Pages
Symi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Symi..A place to return to again and again and ..."
- "Light and Shade of Symi"
- "Symi Town"
- "CHARMING SYMI"
- "Simy Island"
- "Symi, Dodecanese Island"
- "Sailing to the wonderful Symi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Symi
- Hotels in Symi
- Transportation in Symi
- Nightlife in Symi
- Restaurants in Symi
- Shopping in Symi
- Warnings and Dangers in Symi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Symi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Symi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Symi
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 6 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hamilton Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Canada Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Rhodes (Island) 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ontario 10 photos, 2 travelogues