"Aw, The Greek Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Skiathos Island by briantravelman
Skiathos Island Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 309 photos
You can?t come to Greece without visiting at least one island, so I visited Skiathos.
Skiathos is the greenest of all the Greek islands, and was a filming location for the movie ?MaMa Mia!?
This was my first trip to the Greek islands. We went to Skiathos, because it's what our tour offered. I had never even heard of Skiathos before the trip. I was looking at other islands, but ended up sticking with Skiathos, and I don't regret it one bit. As soon as I saw the white washed cliffside houses, I knew I was gonna love this place.
We pulled into the port of Skiathos, got off the boat, and I had no words to describe it. I had never seen a town like this. I couldn't believe I was in the Greek islands. I actually lost my tour group, because I was taking pictures. This town was just absolutely amazing! The typical Greek island town I had dreamed of visiting, since I was a little kid. I was immediately in love. We followed our guide up the narrow streets to the overlook, and I just couldn't believe how beautiful it was.
We had about 3 hours free time to enjoy this lovely town. Not enough, but some how walking the narrow white washed streets, made the time go slow. It was a Saturday, and most of the people were at the beach, so the town wasn't too crowded. There were times when we had the streets to ourselves, which made the town even more pleasant. I wish they would've given us more time.
Next we they took us to Koukounaries Beach. We actually found a small beach on the other side of the marina. There was one guy, but he left and we had the whole beach to ourselves. We only had about an hour, so I went for a quick swim, then walked to Small Banana Beach, where I swam some more, before heading back to the boat. The ended our day with Greek dancing and Metaxa.
The island was nice, but I was disappointed because I couldn?t see the monastery, and they didn?t take us to Lalaria, the most beautiful spot on the island. I would?ve preferred Lalaria over Koukounaries, but what can you do. I was really disappointed when we left, but the dancing made up for it. I really wish they would?ve given us more time. The trip lasted all day, and it still wasn?t enough to see everything.
Everything was on stress free island time. I could very easily live on an island like this.
All I can say is, WOW! Only in Greece.
- Pros:Too many to list
- Cons:Beaches can get crowded, Lararia can only be reached by boat, hard to explore without a car
- In a nutshell:Everything I expected of a Greek island
Where do I begin? This town is just absolutely amazing! As soon as I saw the white washed cliffside buildings, I knew... more travel advice
Right next to Small Banana Beach, is Big Banana Beach, known for being the local party beach. This beach is even more... more travel advice
briantravelman's Related Pages
Skiathos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skiathos Island"
- "Sunny Skiathos"
- "Skiathos - small cosmopolitan greek island"
- "Aw, The Greek Islands"
- "SKIATHOS ISLAND YOU WILL WANT TO RETURN"
- " SKIATHOS - Sporades"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skiathos Island
- Hotels in Skiathos Island
- Transportation in Skiathos Island
- Nightlife in Skiathos Island
- Restaurants in Skiathos Island
- Shopping in Skiathos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Skiathos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skiathos Island
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Skiathos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skiathos Island
Photos in Skiathos IslandSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Oroville Intro, 47 reviews, 180 photos
- Willemstad Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranjestad Intro, 29 reviews, 95 photos
- Barbados Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Noord Intro, 28 reviews, 90 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 35 reviews, 81 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Curaçao Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos